Coil over conversion

-
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever installed a coil over conversion without the tubed K member. I was looking at the CAP version and the magnumforce one as well. I can't afford the tubed K member so this is the only option for now. I am also looking at installing a rack and pinion unit on the factory K member if anyone has any input it would be nice.

Try alterKation

I think you missed his point about cost...LOL

wants to use stock K member...

you will need new lower control arms...and upper control arms..

you will need to brace the stock towers to support weight of car...

Did you read his questions?

He was looking at magnum force and cap (which is crap) so i thought I'd throw that out there plus I've been hear bill will sell you part by part instead of a complete unit (just in case you don't have 5k laying around)

wow...i got a CAP K member on a car...fits perfect...

What part of their have you bought?

Havent did a google search and found tons of feed back on it. Not liken what I saw esp. Magnum force and came to find out that alterKation was the best and had the least amount of problems. So I'll buy and alterKation setup if/when I change the stock setup.

Havent did a google search and found tons of feed back on it. Not liken what I saw esp. Magnum force and came to find out that alterKation was the best and had the least amount of problems. So I'll buy and alterKation setup if/when I change the stock setup.

I guess my problem is people calling someone's product crap with out direct ownership of it.... or personal experience...

Just another one of the sheep........

Good Luck with your Alterkation.......

I guess my problem is people calling someone's product crap with out direct ownership of it.... or personal experience...

Just another one of the sheep........

Good Luck with your Alterkation.......
I can see your point here but after spending thousands of dollars and time and effort, I've learned to research everything before I buy anything (esp when it comes to my cars, you know the whole safety thing etc). That being said I've bought tools that work out great sometimes i.e. gear drive wrenches boy do I love those things and quite glad I took a chance on it when they first came out.

I'm going to do this conversion in Sept. of this year on a 1965 Dart. I have modified the stock LCAs. They are braced and socket welded in position. The LCA pin is drilled for a retaining washer/bushing assy. I have RMS tubular UCAs and coil over shocks. I also have the USCartool shock tower bracing kit, to beef up the upper mount area.

Bracing: http://www.uscartool.com/img/68SSDart/image_356.html

Shocks and UCA are not RMS, but the RMS set up is similar. Here is the LCA and pin mod. I don't have the teflon washer under the large steel washer. I pressed in a bushing into the center, thats under the bolt head.
http://hemiduster.com/coilover.htm

book.gif
coil over front end with stock upper and lower a arms??

look over on moparts.com under this title in the race section mike

also some guys use the stock upper and lower c/a without problems..

Thanks for all the info on the modifications. I will check out rms stuff based on the further research on the others.

-
Back