Coil Over Shocks Questions

-

KP

Reaction score
I current have airshocks on my 71 Duster and during the last two weeks had to replace them three time. An FABO friend that I was telling about my airshock problems today at Mopar At Mason Dixon said about looking at Adjustable Coil Over Shocks that would bolt where the stock shocks were.

Does anyone have these on their Mopar and/or tell me about them or where to buy them?

Thanks

problem is the stock upper shock mounts are not designed to carry the weight of the car...

then what about your current leaf springs?..... need something to hold the rear in place,,

coil over shocks usually go hand in hand with ladder bars/4 links...and need a track bar also..

Picture 4464a.jpg

I was told there is a at adjustable shock with a coil over the is a replacment to the stock inplace of using airshocks.

I have Monroe Load Levelers on the rear of my Demon. They have a coil spring on them, but are not adjustable. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for?

What issues are you having that you needed the air shocks?

The problem is not the shocks the problem is with whatever makes you need the shocks.

What issues are you having that you needed the air shocks?

The problem is not the shocks the problem is with whatever makes you need the shocks.

I need them because my tires rub without. The shocks a Hi-Jackers.

Thank you warwagons but link does not take me to any shocks, only to NAPA's website
It wants location information and such before showing the part. A search for this part number may be quicker: NS 58496

Thank you warwagons but link does not take me to any shocks, only to NAPA's website

Sorry about the crappy link. Like doktorx said: enter the part # 58496 or search for shocks on the site. Heres a pic of them though. Also what will help raise up the rear are the ss leafs (if your not already using them). They will bump the rear around 2"

shocks.jpg

Shocks are not designed to hold a car up. They are designed to control spring action.

You will have problems like this until you do something about the wheels or their placement under the car.

As green1 stated have your springs re-arched or get new springs that will support the car at the ride height you need. Also, since it sounds like your car will/is sitting significantly higher than stock you need to look at the pinion angle and adjust as necessary to keep it at an acceptble level.

Is there anything other then defected shocks that could cause 3 NEW set of shocks to blow out in 2 weeks? I installed the new air line that came with them each time as well.

My last set was on the car for 24 years without any issues...

I am running Monroe Coil Overs on my Duster after running air shocks for several years. I like the coil overs better. Much better ride overall!!!!

I am running Monroe Coil Overs on my Duster after running air shocks for several years. I like the coil overs better. Much better ride overall!!!!

Would you be so kind to sent me some information (part numbers if possible) and post a few photos?
Thank You!
KP

The shocks that warwagon and dustermaniac mention are the ones I posted about earlier in this thread. I can't find my pics, but if I do I'll post them for you. They raised the rear of my Demon about 1" and ride nice!! :-D

Monroe Sensa Trac Load Adjusting Part #58496. I had to special order them. Also, you only need to order 1, as they are sold as a pair only.

http://www.monroe.com/products/sens...racHeader.mcText5&rolloverObj=[object+Object]

Air shocks are a "band-aid" fix for rear suspension height issues. By lifting the rear of the car with shocks you put all of the stress from the weight on the points where the shocks mount instead of where the leaf springs connect. Also you lose a lot of damping ability and proper spring rate (ruins ride quality AND handling). If you really want to fix the height problem properly and not have to worry about it any more then do what the other posters suggested and get your leaf springs re-arched or buy a new set with greater arch, and install some good normal shock absorbers in the back.

I have Monroe Load Levelers on the rear of my Demon. They have a coil spring on them, but are not adjustable. I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for?

I have these also. I am VERY happy with the ride, and control.#58496 are the same as mine. I bought them at Parts source. Had them the next day.

-
Back