Cold air intake for 4BB TBI

-

madmax2

Reaction score
Hello! here I'm again. I want to put a cold air intake to my holley 4barrel TBI.
I would like to put it on the passenger side. Has anyone home-made with scrap?
I think I need a bonnet, angled tube, filter and heatshield or housing insulate.
What do you advise?
thanks

IMG_9214.jpg

Go look at durangos and ram trucks at the junkyard with magnums in them. They have a bonnet and a cold air tube that would likely work perfect for you

Don't know exactly what was available in Argentina, but around here any of the Magnum engines (3.9, 5.2, 5.9) would have had cold air intakes that will bolt on to any 4 bbl.
Either the one above that TT5.9mag showed, or the more traditional housing here:
1711251668418.png

1711251621786.png

Around here they came on pickups, Dakotas, and vans.

I had a 1990 D-150 that I ordered new with a 360 TBI engine. I made a cold air system with a dual snorkel air cleaner from a late 80s, I think, Mustang 5.0 & fastened home drier ducting from the snorkels to the radiator support to get fresh cold air. It worked great. As long as you get cold air to the TBI, not hot under hood air, you'll be doing good. I'm sure you don't want to cut holes in the car anywhere, but a sealed hood scoop, like some of the ones Mopar offered, Six Pack/Six Barrel, T/A Challenger etc. looked good & actually worked. Maybe find another hood if possible & cut that for a scoop? TT5.9mag & Professor Fate are right, the set up from a late 90s to an early 2000s Dakota system is good too, believe it or not. I kept the stock air cleaner box on my 2000 Dakota. Nice engine compartment by the way.

What?!? No pictures of the car?
Welcome aboard. Now post some pictures.
We love cars from other lands here.
Syleng1

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-25 at 00.43.59.jpeg

Chrysler desing this car based in an early a-body for Chrysler Argentina, used the Dodge brand and the GTX model.
It was manufactured from 1970 to 1979, powered with a 318 v8 and 225 slant six. Mine is 1970.
Use Google and you will see many more photos.

Although his was on a 170 slant 6 in a Valiant, @memike had a really nice setup off a Jeep, if I remember right. Maybe he will chime in and post a picture or two. Might give you some ideas.

Fresh cool air from in front of the radiator sure did help, little 170 enjoyed that intake and jeep breather

-
Back