Cold Air Intake

-
My dad has that on his truck, the chrome actually holds up pretty well. you'll probably gain 5-10 hp and If its a power brakes car it might hit the master. They do make one that comes out the front more.

i had a drop base like that one that interfered with both my edelbrock and holley fuel line/choke etc. you might want to make sure on the carb fitment.

Well it sure looked good and worked well on this Dart , thinking about putting one on mine , should help a bit , not much maybe , but every bit adds up

dartsummer2011022.jpg

dartsummer2011021-2.jpg

Well it sure looked good and worked well on this Dart , thinking about putting one on mine , should help a bit , not much maybe , but every bit adds up

That unit looks like a: http://www.ramairbox.com/ unit.

I have no idea how good it worked on that race car. I've never seen pictures of the engine compartment that show they originally ran something like that. BTW, he wrecked that front of that car. Said the throttle stuck.

I think running them into the cowl box is just as good or better. There is a ton of high pressure air at the base of the windshield.

Tom Hand has run one into his cowl. I remember him telling me there was a difference, but don't know how much as that was 15 years ago. I can't see him bothering if it wasn't proven to work....

Remember,Tom Hand is the one that did that Muffler Comparision test that gets constantly referenced to for like 15+ years! It's been published in Pontiac, Popular Hot Rodding, and other magazines too: http://www.boyleworks.com/ta400/psp/exhaust.html

Well I have to believe that a colder intake charge will help performance. I have been looking at one of these for a while now. I don't really want to cut a hole in my hood for a scoop just yet.

I believe that our engines enjoy a breath of cool air.. sucking 180 degree air or hotter
I think (and have been told) is the first step to loosing mpg, and hp..
So I throw outside air to my little /6 from a 93 4.0 Jeep breather
I have been rinning this system for well over 2 years and 10k miles
as you can see in the last picture, Happy birthday Bruce :cheers:

Attachments

• Computer%20Repair%20Ken%20Slater%20047.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 306
  • fresh air slant.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 300
  • freesh air2.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 0000PSSSSSSSss77 115.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 316
Whats a 304, a destroked 340 for 5.0 class? That air cleaner is another brand, seen it before... its different. Memikes Jeep box is perfect for a 6, his carb hat is the most expensive part.

Whats a 304, a destroked 340 for 5.0 class? That air cleaner is another brand, seen it before... its different. Memikes Jeep box is perfect for a 6, his carb hat is the most expensive part.
I keep looking for a new one, but DANG!! They want pert near $200.00 for one, I lucked out and found this one at a swap meat for $10.00 at Petit Jean MT one year . Thank you pishta :happy1:

-
Back