Cold Case Radiator review.

-
I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I have sent items and received items.
I ALWAYS over pack and over protect any shipment I send. I have received shipments of heavy parts that were so poorly packed the box was ripped open.

I used to work in Dept store shipping Waterford Christal glasses and the like. Never had a broken glass come back.

Rule of thumb is minimum of 3 inches between any part of the thing being shipped and the outside of the box.

If the item is heavy, head, intake, brake drum etc, use some plywood to reinforce the bottom and top of the package.

Always assume the shipper will drop the package. And that they will drop something on the package.

Carbboard is only so strong.

Again sorry for your issue. I agree they could have provided better customer service.

I just received a radiator for my wife's Yukon from Ebay. No packing what so ever in the box.A piece of cardboard wrapped around the core only. small clips broken off that holds the overflow hoses but luckily survived . Box had two holes in it where the lower mount posts poked thru. I would have still returned it but needed to get her back on the road.

you can also swap sides on that lower hose if you want. they have housings with inlets on either side.

I did that on my last build. I’m really using this 383 as a mock up motor until my 440 is done. I have a new aluminum housing that is going on my 440.

I figured you knew about the option but, figured someone might not.
Actually now that I think about it I think I did the opposite last time haha my mind isn’t what it used to be. How have you been? I haven’t talked to you in awhile.

Colin,
I've been the one dealing with you on this issue. First off I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your build.
My shipping guys told me that only loose peanuts were used in sending it back to us, which scratches up the core of the radiator and little pieces get all inside the fins, which is why we use the plastic bags originally. That being said, the major damage came obviously to the vertical tubes in the picture. It's definitely not restockable for us in it's condition so we couldn't just do an even swap like I was going to do. I was even going eat shipping back to you.
Yes it could've been packed better but I can see your frustration and it happens sometimes with UPS. We always insure our packages for that reason.

I don't want to see you go another way or leave with a bad experience so I offered a great deal for a new one and then get your money back from UPS.
That deal didn't seem good enough for you so I am PMing you a new deal to resolve this issue once and for all. We take pride in our customer service and the way we treat our customers. I hope you see it on our end too if we authorized a return expecting to get a restockable item back to only see it show up of no use to us anymore.

All things aside, I hope you can stick with us and take us up on the deal I am offering to help you out and get a Cold Case in your Mopar.

eric_cspan. I have been contemplating buying 1 of ur rads for my race car. But I’ll be buying from someone else. Ur company policy sucks. Ccas was good to deal with. Kim

Last edited:
Colin,
I've been the one dealing with you on this issue. First off I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and your build.
My shipping guys told me that only loose peanuts were used in sending it back to us, which scratches up the core of the radiator and little pieces get all inside the fins, which is why we use the plastic bags originally. That being said, the major damage came obviously to the vertical tubes in the picture. It's definitely not restockable for us in it's condition so we couldn't just do an even swap like I was going to do. I was even going eat shipping back to you.
Yes it could've been packed better but I can see your frustration and it happens sometimes with UPS. We always insure our packages for that reason.

I don't want to see you go another way or leave with a bad experience so I offered a great deal for a new one and then get your money back from UPS.
That deal didn't seem good enough for you so I am PMing you a new deal to resolve this issue once and for all. We take pride in our customer service and the way we treat our customers. I hope you see it on our end too if we authorized a return expecting to get a restockable item back to only see it show up of no use to us anymore.

All things aside, I hope you can stick with us and take us up on the deal I am offering to help you out and get a Cold Case in your Mopar.

If I was in your position I’d handle the issue like this.

Who damaged the part? You? Me?

Neither of us did.

You ship out the correct radiator insured with Ups and when it arrives you file a claim for the damage. Submit the photos of the original radiator they damaged and it’s win win. You get paid, I get a radiator, you keep one customer if not several more. Ups isn’t going to pay me for the original damage.

A company that ships stuff every day has a lot more clout than an individual, UPS should be more willing to deal with Cold Case than 67Dart440GT.

I worked at a place that shipped parts all over the world, we ended up switching from UPS to FedEx because of multiple instances of damaged or lost shipments.

We ate the cost of replacement parts in every instance.

Back in the days of brass/copper rads, a hole like that could be brazed up, or worst case, the tanks could be sweated off and a new core installed.

Why not repair that damage and sell the return as a second?

The problem is that the package wasn't packaged well enough back to us and UPS will see that. Thus we got a damaged radiator with fins bent up and the tube smashed in. We have more pull sure, but we didn't ship it. UPS only allows claims to the shipper. We can't file a claim on a new replacement radiator. That's not how it works. I've offered a very reasonable solution (via PM) if I'm being honest. We could say, screw it and not give any money back but I am willing to work with you here.

And on top of that, I am sending back the damaged radiator on our dime so you can fix it, sell it. Whatever you want to do with it.

The problem is that the package wasn't packaged well enough back to us and UPS will see that. Thus we got a damaged radiator with fins bent up and the tube smashed in. We have more pull sure, but we didn't ship it. UPS only allows claims to the shipper. We can't file a claim on a new replacement radiator. That's not how it works. I've offered a very reasonable solution (via PM) if I'm being honest. We could say, screw it and not give any money back but I am willing to work with you here.

Your solution isn’t a solution. It doesn’t matter how well the radiator was packed it would have been damaged either way. Not my fault or yours. I’m not spending another dime for another radiator. I think your position is clear. You stand with the shipper on this.

And on top of that, I am sending back the damaged radiator on our dime so you can fix it, sell it. Whatever you want to do with it.
Make sure it’s insured so I can recoup my money and spend it elsewhere. Thanks.

Again, we know how UPS works. They won't approve a damage unless there was sufficient packing in the box, which there was not.

Look I am not going to argue and fight in a forum over this.
I am just going to take it on the chin, eat all the costs and get out the correct radiator to solve all of this once and for all. I'll throw the damaged one in the trash. My ultimate was to get our radiator in your vehicle and to keep a customer. I'll take care of the replacement order.

eric_cspan. I have been contemplating buying 1 of ur rads for my race car. But I’ll be buying from someone else. Ur company policy sucks. Ccas was good to deal with. Kim

Kim,

Didn't mean to come off wrong and it's certainly not how I intended all of this to go.
If someone sends a return back to us and it gets damaged, we have no recourse. It's on the shipper to insure it and protect it. Just they way UPS is. They won't deal with or give any insurance money back to the receiver.
Because of that, I offered a solution to soften the blow via PM because I felt bad.

After all, I am just biting the bullet on this one and doing as demanded and will send out the replacement on my dime.

I hope you can reconsider as this situation just really didn't turn out very well.

Actually ups or any company wants 3 inches of protective packaging around every square inch. So it makes the package, bigger and heavier making freight and insurance more$. So your rad and almost everything shipped does not meet their specs. They are actually taking our insurance money knowing they will almost never pay a claim. Exception is if it is lost, possibly. Kim

Kim,

Didn't mean to come off wrong and it's certainly not how I intended all of this to go.
If someone sends a return back to us and it gets damaged, we have no recourse. It's on the shipper to insure it and protect it. Just they way UPS is. They won't deal with or give any insurance money back to the receiver.
Because of that, I offered a solution to soften the blow via PM because I felt bad.

After all, I am just biting the bullet on this one and doing as demanded and will send out the replacement on my dime.

I hope you can reconsider as this situation just really didn't turn out very well.
I’m glad u stepped up and are making the customer happy. When ppl say good things about a retailer, almost no body listens, but have a complaint and everyone jumps on the band wagon. I’m up in Canada. Customs may or may not open it. But if they do u can expect damage from them. My other rads had bent fins from them cramming in the styrofoam back in. I will probably reconsider as it seems ur a stand up guy. Kim

Actually ups or any company wants 3 inches of protective packaging around every square inch. So it makes the package, bigger and heavier making freight and insurance more$. So your rad and almost everything shipped does not meet their specs. They are actually taking our insurance money knowing they will almost never pay a claim. Exception is if it is lost, possibly. Kim

This is true. UPS has a good system instituted that basically no one follows, as they probably intended.

Regardless, I apologize for this whole scenario and am taking care of Colin now.

Kim,

maybe you should consider another shipper to ship your fine product , damaged goods don't do anyone any good .

I’m glad u stepped up and are making the customer happy. When ppl say good things about a retailer, almost no body listens, but have a complaint and everyone jumps on the band wagon. I’m up in Canada. Customs may or may not open it. But if they do u can expect damage from them. My other rads had bent fins from them cramming in the styrofoam back in. I will probably reconsider as it seems ur a stand up guy. Kim

I'd appreciate it. We wouldn't have the reputation we do on here and in other communities if we didn't stand behind our product. This issue was just an odd ball because there was barely any packaging in the box sent back to us and we have little recourse for that.

-
Back