colonoscopy,not far from the truth!

-
I'm going to be 35 on June 22. I was diagnosed with stage 3b colorectal cancer in May of 2010 trust a young guy that has been through a lot of stuff in the past year just do it. Ive been lucky so far with results but radiation, chemotherapy twice and surgery to take 1 and a half feet of colon and a illostomy is way tougher than a simple colonoscopy believe me just do it then you wont have to suffer like me. If your over 50 get it done and if a blood relative has had it get it ten years before the were diagnosed for example if they got it at 45 get the colonoscopy at 35. Just a guy that is looking after his A bodied Bro's

Wow, it sounds like you've been through a lot and are lucky enough to tell us about it. Those are words to live by for sure. A friend of mine has been taken over with cancer that started with colon cancer. He is just 50. He didn't think he needed a colonoscopy until 50. Mike

I'm headed toward 75 and have had several of these. It ain't the most pleasant experience,but believe me there are much worse things to go through than this.

O!!MY!!! I laughed reading parts of it and then shrugged a few times.
Thank you for bumping this thread up goldfish65
as I sip on white grape juice, and setting here keeping my mind busy.
Looks Like I will be the next Mike in this thread :glasses7:

I think I will put a small tv in my thrown area and tell everyone to leave :glasses7:

everytime I go to the fridge I see that big jug looking at me :banghead:
As some of you know I am a breakfast person, and here it is noon!!
:eek:ops: it is almost 1 o'clock :pale: It won't be long now :-k I wounder if
I should bring my home stereo in the bathroom and crank it up 8-[

I know I have everyone's prayers for a good check up my yada [-o<
Yada!! where the hell did that come from :eek:fftheai:

Your Arkansas friends and member on the hill, Mike and my family :hello2:

I had to undergo one this spring. Far worse than the actrual procedure was the entirely miserable day before --flushing yourself out with no food and horrid chemicals

But a friend of mine and I are both Canon shooters, and the Joke is "I had a Pentax up my a$$"

I'll tell ya. The girls that doc has workin' for him sure made things a lot more pleasant, and they have evidently REALLY made inroads in anesthetics in the last few years. Set me up with an IV. Said "OK, here we go" Injected some dope and WHAM, dreamland. I woke up not long after NO hangover, marginal dizzy, and no nausea.

Got a ride home, took a 2 hour nap, got up and went out and got TWO Carls' Juniors!!!

I'm going to my counseling appt tomorrow at the V.A. to prepair for my ainal probing i'm not happy about this procedure but it can save your life. I'm not looking forward to the cocktail i'll be having but it can't be any worse than drinking castor oil like the last time. I'm readying the throne room with plenty of car magazines and air freshiners. My son will be my chauffer when the time comes. I thank the writer and the fella that bumped this thread i will now probly bust out laughing while i'm spewing poo thinking of this post and my wife will think i have flipped.

Yea Think!!! Well I am drinking the shtuff and I wish I could do a Tequila chaser
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmNLbNYAx4s&feature=related"]Jeff foxworthy - colonoscopy - YouTube[/ame]

I had to undergo one this spring. Far worse than the actrual procedure was the entirely miserable day before --flushing yourself out with no food and horrid chemicals

But a friend of mine and I are both Canon shooters, and the Joke is "I had a Pentax up my a$$"

I'll tell ya. The girls that doc has workin' for him sure made things a lot more pleasant, and they have evidently REALLY made inroads in anesthetics in the last few years. Set me up with an IV. Said "OK, here we go" Injected some dope and WHAM, dreamland. I woke up not long after NO hangover, marginal dizzy, and no nausea.

Got a ride home, took a 2 hour nap, got up and went out and got TWO Carls' Juniors!!!
I hope to be at 0'Charrlies restaurant with a cedar pallet Salmon in front of me with asparagus spears on the side, and I better get a frosted mug fast!! I don't trust the water :D, I am glad to hear I could be up and walking soon :glasses7:

I'm going to my counseling appt tomorrow at the V.A. to prepair for my ainal probing i'm not happy about this procedure but it can save your life. I'm not looking forward to the cocktail i'll be having but it can't be any worse than drinking castor oil like the last time. I'm readying the throne room with plenty of car magazines and air freshiners. My son will be my chauffer when the time comes. I thank the writer and the fella that bumped this thread i will now probly bust out laughing while i'm spewing poo thinking of this post and my wife will think i have flipped.

It's maintenance and I hope all goes well.
You to, Yes Castor Oil was in the med closet back in the day..
I have dreams to look forward to so I better take care of myself.

I am going with music :D and my wife will be my driving me.

Now on the 2 year plan myself. Really not that bad, other than the prep. Both of mine, I just could'nt wait to get somewhere to eat.

So I can walk to the car and go enjoy a meal and eat..? ?

That's what I did. Just a few blocks from the clinic to Quodobas Mexican Restaraunt, and ate like a pig. Man it was good!!!

That's what I did. Just a few blocks from the clinic to Quodobas Mexican Restaraunt, and ate like a pig. Man it was good!!!

QUIT!! I am hungry :D That's good to know... Thank you :cheers:

Good luck! Had mine last winter. The very worst part was the laxative.
I had mine done at the VA, they kept me overnight and made sure I took the *** rocket fuel. Looking back, the whole idea of vodka mixed in with that stuff is probably a good idea.
the rest is pretty much true, after the IV, I remember being asked if I was comfortable and next thing I know I was waking up in my room. No sore bottom, nothing!

Do a Google video search for "Billy Connolly colonoscopy" If you don't mind the Scottish accent, he has a very humorous take on the "evacuation" procedure. I would post the link, but didn't think that would be a good idea due to the language.

Have been violated from both ends, colonoscopy and bronchoscopy, glad it wasn't done together or one would feel like a bead on a string.

Hey MeMike your not alone, mine is on the 10th.
Like everyone here said, the worst part was home work
I do have one word of advice, bring a swab to get some moister, or get ready to drink water and spit it back out, I waited 1 1/2 hours in a nice waiting room and had cotton mouth so bad it was unreal......Nothing to drink for 12 hours
I was so drunk when I woke up it was silly, the nurse had a cup in her had
and asked if I wanted a drink, I said I CAN Drink Know!! :blob:

That water taisted soo good, be prepared to need to rinse your mouth out on your waiting time.

I walk in O'Charrleys wobbling like a drunk and enjoyed a Tall glass of ice tea and the Large Salmon with spears... so yes it is a blast when you wake up.
I got home at 2 pm and crashed for 3 hours :D
Life is worth living, and this is a must do to any one of you here, This has been a emergency broadcast from forabodiesonly.com This thread did help me :happy1:

-
Back