Color scheme for front grill - ‘68 Dodge Dart GTS

-

Roy McKinney

Reaction score
The top grill is from my Dart and the horizontal trim members are mostly black. The bottom one is a new one from CI and shows the horizontal trim pieces polished metal. Any thoughts on what the original color scheme was for 1968 Darts? Thanks!
9618A243-C4AA-4A1D-8B63-6DC4B6519BF0.jpeg

Top pic is for GT/GTS bottom pic for all other Darts in 1968. Vans Auto reproduces the grill in the non GT/GTS pain scheme, you have to repaint to make it correct for GT/GTS.

Bumping this up. The grill on my GTS was painted poorly and incorrectly and I’m repainting it this winter.

Anyone have nice close up shots of the grill details around the signal lamps, the bezels showing both sides?

GTS and Hemi LO cars used the same grill, GT maybe but not sure.

Thanks,
Cliff Ramsdell

Bumping this up. The grill on my GTS was painted poorly and incorrectly and I’m repainting it this winter.

Anyone have nice close up shots of the grill details around the signal lamps, the bezels showing both sides?

GTS and Hemi LO cars used the same grill, GT maybe but not sure.

Thanks,
Cliff Ramsdell

In a few months I might be able to get pics of my unrestored, very nice '68 GTS grille. It's hanging from the garage ceiling above the GTS. Nothing is moving for a while.

-
Back