Colour of Hood Scoop

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I need help choosing colour for hood scoop.I have Pettyblue paint,white interior,also white stripe down the side.Do I go black,blue or white to match interior and stripe?Any input would be helpful.Thanks

We all have our own personal taste, so first off Id say go with YOUR gut. That being said, and seeing as you asked for input, I would go with blue to match the rest of the paint. I think the white would stick out like a sore thumb, and Ive never been a fan of throwing a black scoop on. It just looks like an "add-on", at least to me. If you go with the blue you can put 340 emblems on the sides of the scoop or maybe paint "340" in white to add a little something else. Car looks AWESOME though. Good luck deciding and get some pics up when its done!

On that particular car with a white stripe, I think I'd agree..........

Same color as the car, with some nice emblems on the scoop.

For a black scoop, you should have a black stripe AND some black hood treatment of some sort to go with it and make it blend........... 8)

your choice on the color. if you are looking for the original look it would have been black with black v shaped stripes coming down from the scoop to the edge of the hood.........

Here is a pic of a FABO member's Demon. Petty Blue / White Stripes / Black Scoop.......Just to give you an idea how that option would look. I like it...8)

Yeah, that's what I meant........that one looks like it might be a "Sizzler" style stripe on the hood..............it's just enough black to make the scoop blend in nicely.................:read2:

With your white stripe, I think I lean toward a blue body colored scoop. If you had a black stripe I would vote for a black scoop and hood treatment.

I remember hearing somewhere that the black hoods (in addition to looking cool) served a function to reduce glare and reflection from the sun, that's why they were painted flat/satin black.

-
Back