Column

-

STR-14

I put the hoar in hoarder
Reaction score
I've seen some guys that have modified a column shift set up so that it looks like a floor shift column. Is it all that hard to do? I need a steering column for my 1970 340 automatic (FM3) Pink Duster. I didn't realize it would be so hard to find one, so I'm starting to look at reasonable alternatives. Any advice, pictures, methods etc. would be greatly appreciated........
Daryl

It can be done a couple of ways: Hack off all the stuff you dont need and fill in the holes with some kind of filler. Someone had a thread on how they did it but I dont remember who it was. Or you can take your column apart and replace the upper collars with ones from a floor shift column. These pieces dont have to be from an A body, early 80's Dodge pickups use the same upper column pieces as 70-76 A bodies and should be easy to find in a junkyard if you choose to go that route.

Hey thanks for the name drop lol.

Yup thats my write up on how I did mine.

its really not to hard of a job to do.

follow my write up and you may see areas that you might want to do something a little diffrent with but I think the write up I did on it is at the least a good guide at what you can expect to be looking at.

if you have any questions just let me know.

-
Back