Comments on this 71 Dodge Demon.......

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
For 35k i would expect the underside to be as clean as the top, the hood stripes to be flat black and for that much hes gonna own it for a long time

I agree for that price should have been a rotisserie restoration... Not just a nice fix up ......

it is very nice, but could be alot nicer if done correctly. like going 90 yards and kicking a field goal. just dosen't make sense.....

In the pic of the left side of the trunk, I recognize the gas filler pipe. What is the other pipe in that picture?
Thx,
C

I want what he`s smoking! That seems about twice what that car should sell for. I agree with Greg and Sleeper, for that kind of money, a 360 degree resto should`ve been done including the correct paint, hose clamps, exhaust manifolds, oil pan, fuel line,and carburetor. It also a column shift ,bench seat car. It`s clean but in my opinion it`s grossly overpriced.

although i cannot read the fendertag hardly at all i would say it is a california emmisions car. that pipe is the gas tank vent tube.

I looked at his other cars for sale and I think the bird is a better buy..... it looks nice but still not an excellent " restore " ....

I looked at his other cars for sale and I think the bird is a better buy..... it looks nice but still not an excellent " restore " ....

Yeah even the documented Max Wedge car seems like a better buy but it`s not done well either. You don`t know if the car still has it`s max wedge heads, exhaust manifolds, intake. None of the cars are described well. It seems that if you`re selling cars at that level that there would be a ton of information with each car???

Yeah even the documented Max Wedge car seems like a better buy but it`s not done well either. You don`t know if the car still has it`s max wedge heads, exhaust manifolds, intake. None of the cars are described well. It seems that if you`re selling cars at that level that there would be a ton of information with each car???

Street Wedge with a fake hood emblem

In this country that Demon would sell for 28-30K but it would have to have the original exhaust manifolds and carb (which looks like either a Holley or Demon looking at the fuel lines.

Terry

well if he thinks he's going to get that then i'm going to win a 400,000,000.00 dollar lottery tomorrow!!!!!!! wow, i guess if he like's to hold onto cars forever then ask away. might be that his old lady said one of these must go, so he prices them through the ceiling and they never sell. then he can say he tried. good luck to him that's for sure.
big daddy don

The thing about classic cars is the relationship owners have with them. Most of us will continue to drive what we've built and love. Those that have that kind of coin to drop will probably buy a new Challenger instead.
It is a very pretty Duster though.

It's also missing the 340 numbers on the sides of the hood scoops, small but necessary.

Terry

Only the 70 Swinger 340 had the 340 badges on the scoops, the Demon got by with the 340 sticker on the fenders and taillight panel in 1971. The 1972 Demon did get the metal 340 badges but on the fenders, not on the scoop.

Only the 70 Swinger 340 had the 340 badges on the scoops, the Demon got by with the 340 sticker on the fenders and taillight panel in 1971. The 1972 Demon did get the metal 340 badges but on the fenders, not on the scoop.

Well I'll be go to hell Dave, I stand corrected, I guess I should have known that, and now that I think about it it was only the 340 swingers that I ever saw the 340 on the scoops. Or maybe it was a Canadian option in 71 to have the numbers on the Demon scoops, yea that right, yea.

Terry:mrgreen:

There's one here on the island advertised in the Buy and Sell so I haven't seen a picture, it's a 340 6 pack, $50,000, needs paint :shock: I hope he's not waiting by the phone :laughing: 50 grand and it needs paint, good one.

As for the 340 emblems on the scoops, I thought it had to do with the hood blackout treatment. If your car had the flat black hood and scoops, it didn't get the 340 emblems, if it didn't, it got the emblems. It might have just applied to the Demons, I'm not sure of the Darts as my 340 Swinger has the balck scoops and the emblems...

As for the butterscotch Demon, it's a very nice car, but it would have to be more original and low mileage or a GSS to be worth that kind of money to me.

hey rob, could the $50k car be a mr norms demon. ???
still not worth $50 but very rare,

That Demon just sold in Michigan about 1 month ago. The guy that sold it had it up for $25,000 OBO for like 4 months and had a hard time selling it. The car is very nice but it has lots of incorrect items if you are looking for a very correct car. As someone else said the hood blackout should be matte black and not gloss. The car is not coded for the hood blackout (V21)either. The hood scoops are correct as it shows the J54 code on the fender tag. The spoiler was added as were the big bolt 15X7 Rally wheels. The hood scoops only got the 340 emblems on the 1970 Swinger 340 like someone else added earlier in this post. Also if I remember correctly it has a 360 motor in it and not a 340. The one thing that was super on it was the paint and (EL5) Butterscotch is the ****!!!! Just a heads up as i did look the car over pretty good while it was in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back