Comments on this 71 Dodge Demon.......

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sent the guy this question.

"Are you certain about the engine being a 340? In the picture showing the oil pan, you can see the harmonic balancer and it is the one that was used on the 360 externally balanced truck engines. They never put them on the 340 engine for 1971. In 1973 there was an externally balanced 340 engine but it used a completely different style balancer. Just wondering."

I wonder what or if he will reply or just continue trying to pass off the engine as a 340.

Ken

I second that. My dart was built in CA and came with two pipes in the trunk also. Where have you been hiding Adam? Havent seen you here for a while.

that car has been on flea-bay a bunch of times it up again 32,900 this time. i think ill hold out for 32,899 and jump on it. LoL<

I just got a reply from the sell. Here it is:

Hi Ken,
The balancer is an aftermarket balancer. The engine was completely rebuilt using all new high performance parts. I believe the block is a '73 and was bored out bigger than 360ci. It runs like no other!

To which I replied:

Thanks for the reply but it still doesn't make sense. If you bored out a 340 block .060 over you only get 350 cubic inches. I've never seen an aftermarket balancer with timing tape look like that. It just seems a little odd that's all.

Ken

Next response:

I'll check it out. The previous owner had all of the work done. Does it matter to you what size the block has been bored out to? What is your concern?

To which I replied:

You are advertising a Demon 340 and for that price, I would think that the car would be correct and more fully restored and accurate, that&#8217;s all. I was contemplating an offer but there are too many things that don&#8217;t appeal to me as far as correctness is concerned. I already have a 71 Demon racecar and I was hoping to find a nice street ride for cruising.

Ken

Of course that last part about an offer was pure BS and since he seems to be dishing it out, it's only fitting that he should get some back.

Latest response:

"It is an awesome car and I am somewhat negotiable. This is the ultimate street cruising car. The mods were done and a lot of detail and care went into making it look stock. It has a great sound through the headers and X exhaust system. I don't think most street cars could hold a candle to this one. Let me know if you have any other questions
Thanks,
Eric"

He doesn't address the issues, just dances around and gives your typical sales pitch. At least I had some fun playing.

Ken

Latest response:

"It is an awesome car and I am somewhat negotiable. This is the ultimate street cruising car. The mods were done and a lot of detail and care went into making it look stock. It has a great sound through the headers and X exhaust system. I don't think most street cars could hold a candle to this one. Let me know if you have any other questions
Thanks,
Eric"

He doesn't address the issues, just dances around and gives your typical sales pitch. At least I had some fun playing.

Ken

Too true... shady seller and that's why it is always buyer beware. The world could teach this seller a lesson by not buying the car but then the chances of the seller realizing that he's not telling the truth would be lost on him.

Man,Im tired of these morons asking thousands and thousandsd of dollars for these cars trying to rip off people.29,000,900?Thats a freaking joke.I see cars like this all the time on eBay,people asking outrageous prices for cars that are not even worth the asking price.Sure,you can put 30,000,00 into a car,but whats the guarantee that you get it all back?Although these cars are not as common as they use to be,they have not disappeared of the face of the earth.The other day,I saw a 72 Charger SE near my town for sale.The dam thing had a completly trashed interior,no motor(it was a OG 318 2 Barrel according to the VIN#)rust everywhere,flat steelie wheels and the crazy guy was asking $4000 for the car.People like this make me sick.

8a60_3.JPG
Ok,why is there a white square on the pic?Seems kinda weird.

I believe you can Barrett - Jackson....they have run the prices up so high...and it's not just the car price. It's all the ginger bread THEY have as HIDDEN charges. Like if you have then transport the vehicle to the auction, then there is a charge to show the car...outside or inside or under the SPECIAL tent. Then each the buyer and the seller pays a 10&#37; on the end and then the fee for this and for that. You come out with a HELL of lot less than you imagined going in.

Besides, alot of these lazy a$$es bought cars or took them on consignment a while back....NOW that the market has gone soft. They are stuck with them and having alot of money into them for one reason or antoehr....they still need the big buck to keep living in the life style they have chosen

Don't get me started....

This is what really burns my BUTT...guys that have a POS and ask the moon for it. Not realizing what it takes to make a clone and a #10 car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

AND see what the bid is....there are people who will pay it and then b!tch

There's one here on the island advertised in the Buy and Sell so I haven't seen a picture, it's a 340 6 pack, $50,000, needs paint :shock: I hope he's not waiting by the phone :laughing: 50 grand and it needs paint, good one.

Please send me the number for this car. I'd like to see if it is a real GSS Demon, and maybe buy it.

As for peoples remark that the Mopar market is soft, I think it's more accurate to say that the ECOMONY is soft. It seems to me that the only cars that the price may have dropped on and actually sold are high dollar cars. I also doubt that people actually lost money on them, it's just that the profit margin they expected wasn't as big. I haven't seen too many low dollar cars (lets say less that $20k) that have been drastically reduced either. The bottom line is that if your financial situation doesn't allow you to spend your cash, or get a loan to buy something you really don't need right now like an old collector or hobby car, then you just don't buy one and the guy selling his car keeps it. The value isn't hurt this way in my opinion. For those of you around the hobby in the late 80's, early 90's, the same thing happened. About 1991 a nice Superbird with a 440 could be had for around $30k. The price of that car rose to that figure quickly and then leveled off for a bit, just like the real estate market is doing now. After awhile it went up again, and again and again. You get the picture. I think all we are seeing is a leveling off of the market, which is good for some of us who may still be looking for a rare car and have a stable job and our expenses in check, all at the same time. If you are lucky enough to find a seller at a weak moment you could have the deal of a lifetime. I have also noticed that the high prices of our beloved Mopars has made people hold onto their cars for fear that they are already priced out of the market and couldn't afford to buy in again if they let a car go. I know this has been my thinking as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back