comp 285HL camshaft for the street

-

71gtdart

Reaction score
anyone running one of these in their street car?

if so what converter, heads, rockers, and gear are you running?

This is what the guys at Comp suggested that I use in my 340 Duster. its gonna be a street/strip deal, but mostly street.

just curious from the guys that run this cam as to what kind of performance to expect.

thanks so much.

That's healthy at 241/[email protected]... A member here has a video of a mild 360,with some head work and the 275HL,check it out....
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/video.php?do=viewcategory&categoryid=1

they claimed thats what I should use.

.030 over 340 with flat top pistons sticking out of the hole .021".

worked J heads with 2.02 intake valves. competition valve job, bowl work, and cleaned up push rod pinch area. gasket matched to a RPM Airgap intake.

727 tranny and 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears.

said it should be streetable and run some high 7 second passes on play nights at the strip with a good converter.

I just purchased the XE275HL for my 340. Still in the building stage but seems much like yours.

69 - 340 +.030
KB pistons
X heads worked
273 Rockers
727 w/manual body
2500 stall converter
410s

I'm planning street to and from local cruises and the local strips here and there.

they claimed thats what I should use.

.030 over 340 with flat top pistons sticking out of the hole .021".

worked J heads with 2.02 intake valves. competition valve job, bowl work, and cleaned up push rod pinch area. gasket matched to a RPM Airgap intake.

727 tranny and 8 3/4 with 3.91 gears.

said it should be streetable and run some high 7 second passes on play nights at the strip with a good converter.

Had one on the shelf ,sold it. The combination is there,with a good converter. Good means PTC,Dynamic,Coan, about a 600-800 bill possiby. The 275 a sweet street/strip combination, the 285 is street able,you leaning drag strip/ Saturday night special. The converter is the key.A nice 9.5 inch 3200-3600 stall ,will compliment that 285.

Had one on the shelf ,sold it. The combination is there,with a good converter. Good means PTC,Dynamic,Coan, about a 600-800 bill possiby. The 275 a sweet street/strip combination, the 285 is street able,you leaning drag strip/ Saturday night special. The converter is the key.A nice 9.5 inch 3200-3600 stall ,will compliment that 285.

No, they didn't sell it. I just called to get a suggestion. I only use PTC converters. I have a 9.5 street/strip 3500 stall PTC in my 67 belvedere. it cost me $545 brand new. car went from 7.80's to 7.40's in the eigth mile with only the converter change from a B&M.

I also talked to Brian at IMM engines and he suggested an almost identical cam with just slightly more lift.

Did your homework, go get it! Brian knows his stuff,and then some.

Did your homework, go get it! Brian knows his stuff,and then some.

he does indeed. he specked my RHS heads and solid roller cam in my bracket car and told me what the car should run based off of the info I gave him.

the man hit it dead on.

I'm a customer for as long as he's in business.

-
Back