Comp Cams 20-222-3 with 1.5 rockers...pushrod lenght.

-

Plato2k5

Reaction score
360 la, what are good pushrods to use with the crane cams ductile steel adjustable rockers? Hydraulic lifts. length?

You need to measure your engine. Too many variables. Use a checking pushrod, mock it up after the heads are bolted on, set it up for .040 preload and 1 thread showing on the adjuster below the rocker body, and then order either a custom set, or a shelf part number if you find some in the correct length.

yeah that's what I'm going to do.

thanks for the help!

Adjustable rockers with hydraulic lifters (cup/ball) tend to run around 7.21". (Like an OEM 340 Six Pack) Some companies advertise around a 7.31" or so length but I've never had a hydraulic combo that they would work with. Solid lifters with adjustable rockers tend to be around 7.50". (Like the early solid lifter 273.) But, as has been mentioned, get it measured.
I believe Comp Cams has a adjustable measuring pushrod with a cup/ball.

There is also 2 ways to measure. One is "effective" length, which is from the ball tip to the bottom of the cup. The other is overall length.

:( Gosh darn it, now that said all that, I "think" that the numbers given are "effective" length. But I'm not 100% sure and don't have any pushrods handy to check.

Can anybody check that? I gotta run some errands.

-
Back