comp cams lifters

-
Once was enough for me, they were comp and a couple would collapse about 4800 rpm. Solid from now on.

I refuse to put hydraulic lifters in lifter bores that were worn out 20 years ago and then say, "Stupid hydraulic lifters won't work!"

I refuse to put hydraulic lifters in lifter bores that were worn out 20 years ago and then say, "Stupid hydraulic lifters won't work!"
I my case every lifter bore was measured and were in spec, several were even on the bottom end of the allowable tolerance.
The hydraulic rollers I had were just of poor quality and would bleed off when hot.
I thought I may have to much spring pressure but they are well within Comp's recommendation for the cam/lifter set up.

And years ago, I also began to refuse to build engines with hydraulic roller lifters.

And years ago, I also began to refuse to build engines with hydraulic roller lifters.

LOL. Me too. One issue is the ramps are fast enough that no matter what the hydraulics will clatter a bit. And then the customer is pissed.

IMO, for what most guys are doing there is no real reason to not use a solid lifter.

Thanks -going to pull them this afternoon and take a look
Pulled them yesterday found 4 frozen took apart seen nothing unusual put back together seamed OK but I will not use them going the scrap pile. Thanks for the help from everyone.

I ran a comp cam/lifters in my old 383 Cuda. Clattered like crazy. Called Comp, they told my my preload was off and buy adjustable valve train. I did. Could not get them set at all. They would bleed down as soon as I shut the motor down, and could not get any adjustment on them. Called the tech support line several times and each time they told me how to adjust the valves, and each time was different. I got pissed off with them and bought a set of Sealed Power lifters and never had a problem from that point forward. Spent hundreds of dollars trying to fix their shitty lifters.
I now refuse to run a Comp Cam in any engine of mine.

Fired the 318 this morning. Lunati saves the day ! Quiet as soon as it fired,20 mins at 2,000 rpm,idled down to 900.Quiet as a church mouse.Few more items on the list and the car will be ready for the road.

post up your compression when you get a chance and give us an on the road report
cheers

-
Back