comp cams rant

-

340kid

Reaction score
fed up with them, this is the 4th time I have ordered stuff from them with issues, bent cam, bad lifter, timing chain issue, and now their pushrods, I needed a set of ball/cup pushrods approx. 7.35 length, I checked their website and summit and found part number 7692, now I had a set of their 7822 hi energy pushrods to mock everything and they were 7.497 length, the 7692 are advertised as 7.342 length, so I order them and have them overnighted and what do you think their length is - the same as the 7822's basically identical length but made slightly differently, cup and ball is slightly different but overall effective length is the same, i checked with lifter and adjusting screw and they were same length, i called comp today and could not get an answer, they said call back Monday when their tech's are in.. very frustrating !!!

depends on how they are measure...some are over all lengths...to the top of the cup...other are to the inside or bottom of cup....

cup is 5/16...take 1/2 of that.... is .156...

7.497 - .156 = 7.341 which is what you had to begin with....

generally...there are two lengths for adjustable...one for hydraulic lifter and one for solid lifter..where are the solid lift pushrod is usually 7.50...the hydraulic is the shorter one...

and I bet you knew all this...

In minor defense, I certainly would not expect a business like theirs to be "doing much" on a Saturday!!!!

Like Dell said most companies aren't open on Saturday. As for the difference in length I think you've found the issue, and that may or may not be Comp's fault. When you order pushrods you have to make sure the ends are correct. You can have 2 pushrods spec'd the same length but if either the ball or cup is different they'll sit different in the lifter or pushrod adjuster. Not taking up for Comp, just stating the differences in the way pushrods are made and how you have to investigate them thoroughly when ordering.

-
Back