Competition Products Cylinder Heads??

-
I see Competition Products has some cylinder heads for Mopar. They are also Howard's Cams manufacturer. I wonder if they are any good. Anyone try them???

Power Products, Chrysler BB Aluminum Head, 210cc/70cc, Assembled, Pair - Competition Products
Great price, In comparison they're the same as any other standard port aluminum bbm head. 1 thing to always think about is why are they cheap ?
If the reason why they're cheap doesn't bug you then roll with them. Usually it's seat materials, valves & cheap valve springs. The castings are probably as good as any.
I have not tried them.

Looks like the same casting that’s been offered thru SM, Sidewinder, Promaxx, Performance world, Bruce Toth……to name a few.

The visual clue is the thicker than usual divider wall between each pair of intake ports.

The castings are fine, but they don’t flow 300 on the intake side as cast.
It takes some work to get them there.

2EC5BFA9-AF03-43ED-AF0D-B4C206A76E85.png

F0574100-68AC-4197-802D-D1F26392B13D.png

Last edited:
The nice thing is Competition Products is just up the road from me and they have them in stock. I was asking for a friend who is building a mild 383.

Maybe?

That would be different.

I’ve done about 1/2 a dozen sets of heads “that look just like those”……..my recollection is they were in the 83-85cc range after recutting the seats.

Both Ootb, The ones I’ve had here flow more than the Stealths do.

In the 260’s……..and on my bench stealths are typically in the 250’s.

-
Back