Complete 273 with 95k miles, value?

-

69DartGTConv

Reaction score
I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking for help with the value of my 69 273 with 95K original miles. New reman 2 barrel heads done for unleaded gas approx. 1K miles ago. Ran very good.
thx

Pics might help. Also, is it Drilled for a 4-Speed or was it Auto-Trans? Do you know if it has Hydraulic Lifters or not?

The value of it is in the engine compartment of the car it came in.

Good engine, but, probably not a big seller. Someone doing a stock restoration might want it (even though it wouldn't be an original engine for their car), but, most others would just as soon install a 318/340/360 etc. That year, they were originally a hydraulic cam, cast crank, 2bbl. economy V8 engine. Nothing wrong with that, just not much demand for it. If it were mine and original to my car, I'd keep it in the corner of the garage to include it with the car whenever the car goes to someone else in the future.

A couple hundred $$ You couldn't do the work for that but a hydraulic lifter 69 is just that.

1969 is good for a short block. The pistons are .020 or .03 higher in the deck. With early heads makes for a nice motor for today's gas. I paid $200 for a 68 273 short block for the that same reason. Maybe sell the heads separately?

EVERY well maintained mopar small block are flat out some of the most reliable engines ever made. With the low miles and freshened heads its worth $.

-
Back