-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultanium

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Mine is an early 71 model, and has a smaller blower that apparently mounts from the inside? I need it all, so would prefer someone in Texas or Louisiana. Thanks!

Tommy J.
Houston, Tx

Actually there are 3 screws that are on the outter bezel that need to come off to get the blower motor out

It was good talking to you yesterday Tony, on Wednesday you should get an email. Sedanman, I will post some pictures later today, showing the AC differences between my early 71 Demon and my late 71 Dart. It has me confused...

Apparently this was NOT an AC car...

IMG_20130818_100312_493.jpg

I wish I had seen that pic before...it was an A/C car, just not a 72-down A/C car. That's the later style. Either your car was tagged or someone grafted in a later firewall.

Lets assume someone does want to install a 73 up heat a/c assembly in a pre 73 A-body. It could be done with several mods from the firewall to the instrument bezel.
if I had the opportunity to choose I might opt for the 73 up just to get away from the push button controller in pre 73.

Quite possibly! There are several pretty obvious differences between early and late cars. That blower hole is one of them. Where do the horns mount on your car? Core support would be 72-down, under the battery tray would be 73-up.
The simplest, easiest way to mount the earlier style A/C into your car would be to just graft in the section of firewall that the Box mounts to/through. I can hook you up with that if need be.
Tony

Well thanks guys. Tony, if you have the correct firewall piece, I need it. I want originality, so want it to be done right, especially since I already have the rest of the parts. Call me when you can, or PM and I'll call you.

Tj

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back