Complete led dashes for a bodies

Which other gauges should be included in the insert?

• water temp

Votes: 182 92.9%
  • oil temp

Votes: 61 31.1%
  • tranny temp

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • air/fuel mix

Votes: 42 21.4%

• Total voters
-
I agree with jomoper. I had a digital sweep in my '90 vette. It was a convert, so the speedo was usless when the sun was high. Our company car here is a '10 Cadilac CTX? any way it's the smaller sport ute, not the escallade. The digital gages in it are so awsome they're almost dangerous! Like a vidio screen showing a movie of gages.
Sorry this was more than 2 cents worth, but I was feeling generous. I voted for just a water temp gage because too many is just confusing. If you have trouble with a hot trans, add-on a trans temp gage (or even better a cooler) etc. Some people can't get enough info, others (like me) go into sensory overload.

A digital sweep gauge for mph and rpm would be awesome...

Interesting. Always liked digital gauges. I played around with this idea a few years ago.

tDyp5.jpg
[/IMG]

yea there are many interested right up until they see the price.. :)

True. Thats probably because most folks price expectations get far exceeded beyond what is reasonable.

Lets hope that a digital dash doesnt cost more than it's really worth.

True. Thats probably because most folks price expectations get far exceeded beyond what is reasonable.

Lets hope that a digital dash doesnt cost more than it's really worth.

I forgot to mention...It gets expensive FAST, even without adding labor or profit to the equation.

Interesting. Always liked digital gauges. I played around with this idea a few years ago.

tDyp5.jpg

That's more than playing, that's success. I really like that. Add a sweep to the tach and that's a BIG winner in my book. Build a universal panel or individual gauges and I'm sold. Different always costs more, and if you want and plan to be different, you're prepared.

Did you build that yourself?

That's more than playing, that's success. I really like that. Add a sweep to the tach and that's a BIG winner in my book. Build a universal panel or individual gauges and I'm sold. Different always costs more, and if you want and plan to be different, you're prepared.

Did you build that yourself?

Thanks, yes I put it together. I have a tach w/ sweep but it wouldn't fit in that space.

That looks sweet!! I have seen this one other time on this board, I think the gauges were in blue tho.:sign10: At that time I looked into the price they were to much at the time, still building the car and all. If I look at the cost like installing A/C in the Duster that don't have any, it don't seem that bad. 8) They would help me allot can't see s..t no more. Dodge Girl loves it also I think she put it on her wish list after the A/C!!! 8)

One idea that might help keep costs down is an option to just buy the gauges and install/mod the dash yourself rather than pay to have it all done.

Sort of a diy kit.

Now I feel like a bonehead. Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this. I'm really on the fence about the digital stuff. I've been checking out the Autometer Nexus stuff and really like that, also been chatting a bit with New Vintage about doing some custom dials. I would like to go digital, but it needs to be sweep and blue... Who did you get yours from MoparGarage? If they have a website, I'd like to check out their stuff.

Now I feel like a bonehead. Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of this. I'm really on the fence about the digital stuff. I've been checking out the Autometer Nexus stuff and really like that, also been chatting a bit with New Vintage about doing some custom dials. I would like to go digital, but it needs to be sweep and blue... Who did you get yours from MoparGarage? If they have a website, I'd like to check out their stuff.

I used a combination of Nordskog and Dakota Digital instruments. It's been quite a while since I built this, but I believe the speedo is a Nordskog. They used to make a universal kit that had all of the gauges as just separate circuit boards. I'm not a fan of the LED "sweeps" they used because they are difficult to see in the daylight. I don't think they even make those anymore.

I intended to use the matching tach that came in the kit but there wasn't enough room in the dash. I ended up just buying a small digital tach and cut the housing off to remove the circuit board.

For the record,the name of the manufacturer is Intellitronix, and not only do they make the sweep Tach and speedo but they just spent a bundle on having custom wedge shaped LEDs cast so the sweep will look more contiguous.
I had been on the fence about the color of the gauges I was going to use. I really like the blue, but they are hard to see in daylight.On the other hand the green is standard in avionics and very easy to see during the day.
So green it is.
Andrew

I like what they have. Too bad the blue is hard to see in daylight. I would prefer blue, we'll see. The white isn't bad either, I wonder what that is like in the daylight. They also have complete panels similar to Dakota Digital. What does a kit of these gauges or the panel come with? Comparing to the DD which comes with the control module and handles all the processing etc. Do you know any of that? There website is lacking quite a bit of info. Thanks for checking this all out Andrew.

Their website is lacking EVERYTHING, I have told Paul about this but he is in the middle of developing something for a Gov contract, everything else is on hold.
Andrew

I really dont care for digital gauges, they look soooo 1980's. In other words...out of date.

Now, say someone like Autometer or SW came up with a gauge kit designed to replace the 67-69 cuda and rally dash gauges. Offer them in adjustable background lighting And I think you would be on to something.

On the gauge choices, A AF gauge I think would be a great add on, it really helps to dial in your tuning making the engine as efficient as it can be. Seeing that its digital couldn't they make a multigage toggle system to choose between a dew gauges on on gauge face? Want oil temp press once, Trans temp press twice etc etc.

-
Back