Complete led dashes for a bodies

Which other gauges should be included in the insert?

• water temp

Votes: 182 92.9%
  • oil temp

Votes: 61 31.1%
  • tranny temp

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • air/fuel mix

Votes: 42 21.4%

• Total voters
-

blue missile

Reaction score
I am currently talking to a major Digital gauge manufacturer about making fully gauged dash inserts for MoPars. We will start with A bodies of course.
Other than a Speedometer, a Tach, Fuel Level, Voltage, Oil pressure. What gauges would you like included in the group?
Andrew

OK,
we are starting with the dash insert that goes into a 73 duster. Silly me since that's my car :-D. Actually I don't need this, however there seem to be a lot of people interested in such a venture. I will go to my parts interchange book and we will list what that particular insert fits as well.
Andrew
By the way you guys can vote for more than one type of gauge.

Not so much into the digital guages myself.They are difficult for me to see on sunny days.Never the less I'll be interested to see what the final product will look like.Best of luck on your venture !

I always wanted a vacuum gauge on my dash, if I was adding a 3-gauge cluster to the factory Duster ones I think I would add oil temp, oil pressure, and vacuum.

i never have been a ditigal guage parson well at least not the guages in the summit catalog. but if one could make a set up like whats in newer cars particulary the lexus lfa [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJJZe_vXfHE"]YouTube- Top Gear Lexus LFA HD[/ame] then i would be really interested!! and i think that model of dash is the most popular. it came in a lotta a-bodies. u see the guages at 2:20 and they talk more about them later

If they are going to make them, then they should include every gauge and indicator available.

Dakota Digital Dashes makes some very nice ones, but for whatever reason, they dont make any specific to Mopar at all.

After our talk the way his manufacturing is set up and to keep the price down they would build a single board with the gauges attached and mount it in an insert.
I forgot fuel pressure in the poll and asked an admin to put it in, I cant edit the poll once its published. Mine will have fuel pressure as well.
Andrew

not so worried about A/F ratio but in addition to all 3 of the other choices would be a vacuum gauge and in addition to the voltmeter see if we could also keep an ammeter in there too somehow.

Cool stuff! Any idea what the price range will be? Cudo's to you bluemissile for picking up on this and thanks!

Voted for water temp for street use. Other things of interest are the ability to set brightness and an automatic dimming feature when the headlights are turned on. Also, choice of display color (amber, blue, green?)

Actually I don't need this, however there seem to be a lot of people interested in such a venture.

yea there are many interested right up until they see the price.. :)

A dash with all would be great. And dimming. See if they can wedge in an electronic compass outside temp do-hickee.

Oh and while your at it, can they install a geiger counter in the dash as well and a gauge for my emergency uranium supply?? LOL.

YES, but you will have to do a radio and heater control delete for the extra space needed. The insert will have the meter end gauge right next to the Flux Capacitor.
:-D
Andrew

YES, but you will have to do a radio and heater control delete for the extra space needed. The insert will have the meter end gauge right next to the Flux Capacitor.
:-D
Andrew

Good thing my flux capacitor isnt overheating anymore, now I dont have to worry about it melting my car.:bootysha:
Cant wait to see some pics of this gauge setup! :cheers:

Can you give us some details on this Andrew? I'm planning to go digital myself and was going to use Dakota Digital. They have a program where they will retrofit there stuff into your dash but this sounds like more of a production thing? The only downfall I see with the DD stuff is they can't do a digital sweep, just numbers. I think a sweep would be awesome!

-
Back