Computer question

-

Sparky

Reaction score
:?: Ok, after fighting with my computer at work all day, I come home and this rat bast...d is being goofy. For some reason I cannot see any pictures in the albums and the lovely dancing avatars don't dance for me. It must be a setting out of wack??? Any ideas? Use simple words, I'm tired. Oh ya and my pictures are gone also, been away for a bit, be gentle. :pale: Thanks

Try and re boot your computer and maybe run adaware. You might have some gremlins. If it's only on this board then go to your profile and see what you have checked in there. I think there is a place to cancel pics?

MMMMmmm, I'm pretty sure my computer is clean. I run ad aware,spy bot ,zone alarm and norton. As far as my pictures go, I think the site I was using died or booted me. Have no idea why I can't view the albums. This might take some time to figure out.

Still looking for suggestions/hints as to why I can't view the pictures on my computer at home, got to be a setting somewhere??
Still waiting for my dash to come back from cv vaccuum platers for the Fish and the Swinger is sitting out under the snow :( Longing for the smell of burning rubber!

WHat browser are you using. If you are using an IE based borwser then there is a seting in there that will block photos from loading. if you go to tools, then internet options you will beable to lower the settings to alow thiem to be viewed. Some of the browsers that are out there will have a option somiler to this. if you still need help let me know.

Xanth said:
WHat browser are you using. If you are using an IE based borwser then there is a seting in there that will block photos from loading. if you go to tools, then internet options you will beable to lower the settings to alow thiem to be viewed. Some of the browsers that are out there will have a option somiler to this. if you still need help let me know.

No need to do that!

If you're using IE, go to "Tools", then select "Internet Options". Click on the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to where it says "Multimedia". There's a check box for "Show Pictures" and "Plan animations in web pages". Check them if they're not checked. Click OK, close IE and re-start it.

Let us know if that works for you.

And if what Mikel said don't work, try a crucifix, chicken bones, & a chunk of garlic :tongue:

I'm sooo un-computer savy. Thank God my wife has a functioning brain when it comes to this damn magic-box I'm staring at right now.....

I have the same problem. There is a "x" in the square where the picture should be. My IE settings are set to allow pictures. Can you guys see my sig pictures?......

kc69dartgt said:
I have the same problem. There is a "x" in the square where the picture should be. My IE settings are set to allow pictures. Can you guys see my sig pictures?......

I see pictures.

kc69dartgt said:
Thanks, I'll just drop kick it and ask my son.....

I like your style! Sounds like something I'd do..... :drunken:

kc69dartgt said:
Thanks, I'll just drop kick it and ask my son.....

Now the pictures are gone, I see the x's.

I did the deal with the checks in the boxes, they were ok, I checked the slider on my IE and it was set to low, Still see no pics in the album and the avatars don't dance for me. Wonder if I change to that firefox browser, maybe it will help? These boxes are wonderful things but one of these days..pow to the moon.

Alrightythen, I switched to the firefox browser and it all good now! Don't know how, don't know why, not sure I care, thanks for the help.

Firefox is not a IE based browser,

Basicly IE is like a Pinto

Firefox is like the Twinturbo Gen 3 charger.

Xanth said:
Firefox is not a IE based browser,

Basicly IE is like a Pinto

Firefox is like the Twinturbo Gen 3 charger.

I just switched to firefox too. I heard about it on the radio yesterday, They said it is a much more secure browser to use.

Ok here is another dumb question. I am using firefox, I just joined photobucket. Somehow I managed to get a picture up but when I attempted to do another it won't work. Not sure how I did it the first time :eek:ops: I tried the directions from the FAQ section but still no go. What am I doing wrong????????

-
Back