Concealed carry

-

gts340

Reaction score
This Ad Was Posted to Craig's List Personals:

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last. Date: 05-27-09, 1:43 A M EST.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on my girlfriend, threatening our lives and me.

You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment when I drew my pistol after you took my Jacket. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.

My girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 A CP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very Intimidating weapon when pointed at your head wasn't it?

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from bare footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I Went and filled up my gas tank as well as four other people's in the gas station on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Later, I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell phone.
Ma Bell just now shut down the line, although I only used the phone for a little over a day now, so what's going on with that?

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky.

Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,
Alex

P.S. Remember this motto.
. An armed society makes for a more civil society!
--

It would be great if they all could be handled like that. We need more "Citizen's on patrol". Good one. :cheers:

Waiting on my CWP right now. He legally could have shot the prep right there on the spot.

just wondering, for those of us that do carry a firearm, what do you carry? A Kahr PM40 or Springfield Armory XD 40 for me.......:-D

Cool but I wonder if the story could be fictional, sounds maybe too cool....

just wondering, for those of us that do carry a firearm, what do you carry? A Kahr PM40 or Springfield Armory XD 40 for me.......:-D

I bought a Hi Point C9 not long ago but I don't carrier it... yet. I got it just to have here at house and keep in the console of my truck. If it gets stolen I don't sweat it to bad. The gun only cost $129! Despite the ugly appearance the gun shoots fairly well. It doesn't have much recoil because the gun itself is heavy. My neighbor across the street and I jumped in his truck and we both bought a C9. My best friend saw mine... asked how much it was.. then he bought one. lol

I'm still browsing for a primary carry weapon but have not made up my mind. I would like to be able to use the same ammo as the C9 but be able to fit in my front or rear pocket. I don't mind having a holster... the C9 fits more comfortably in the 6 o'clock position (back) without the inside waistband holster. But I know the gun is there because it is so heavy.

There's alot of pocket guns out there and kind of makes it difficult to pick one. But it seems I will spend just about the same amount for a pocket gun when the Taurus 111SSP or 145SSP is just in sight.

While it makes for a awesome story and the thought is great. It is just a story that is running around. However, a really cool one.

I have had my CWP for quite some time.

.45 Ruger semi auto with Golden Sabers.

-RPM

Sounds kinnda like some BS....Why would you make a craigslist ad that can be tracked back to you and put out the word that you stole someones identity and commited credit card fraud on multiple accounts and stole someones phone and shoes and made false reports to the fbi and a possible threat on the president and commited an act of malicious destruction of personal property by Fing up someones car and so on and so forth......if the moral of the story was to stand up for what right and that people now a days are to caught up in crime......the how would his retaliation to the thief be any different then that?.....I know the story is probably BS....but still....whoever wrote the original ad obviously had to much time on there hands and didnt run the story entirely through the thought process mill before punching some keys on the computer lol.....entertaining non the less lol..... DUSTERDUDE72

Let's see... we have a little collection going here.

Kahr PM40
Springfield Armory XD 40
Hi Point C9
Taurus 111SSP
Taurus 145SSP
.45 Ruger w/Golden Sabers.

I'm sure the story is fiction. Either way, if some guy really did write it the perp is probably too stupid to know the difference. It was written to cause worry. I would at least rob a guy who tried to rob me of his shoes and phone and call his mom though, that's a good one.

The Motto at the end of your post “An armed Society makes for a more A Civil Society"

The Actual quote is.....

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

I believe it may be from his book Beyond This Horizon.

He also wrote Starship Troopers in 1959 it's well worth reading. The movie it's based on isn't what it's about. It's about society forgetting about the common sense of quotes such as that one.

Taurus .44 mag , and yes I keep it on me . My job is to dangerous not to . I've already had three guns pulled on me this year . Its getting old .

Depends on the day and my mood. Could be either the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44-Magnum or the Desert Eagle .50 Express

Mine are a Smith & Wesson MP40C and a Ruger LCP. I hope that I never need them but if if I do...

AL

Taurus .44 mag , and yes I keep it on me . My job is to dangerous not to . I've already had three guns pulled on me this year . Its getting old .

Repo man?

Depends on the day and my mood. Could be either the Ruger Super Blackhawk 44-Magnum or the Desert Eagle .50 Express

You actually carry these handguns... concealed??

I can tell you're from SC... lol!

You seem like a big fellow but my smaller frame body would be exhausted carrying one of those guns by the end of the day.

Not directing this toward you SCredneck but my CWP instructor illustrated that a gun in a ankle holster is worthless. He made it clear the quicker you can grab the firearm and have it in the firing position the better.

The collection

Kahr PM40
Springfield Armory XD 40
Hi Point C9
Taurus 111SSP
Taurus 145SSP
.45 Ruger w/Golden Sabers
Smith and Wesson .40 Cal
Taurus .44 mag
Ruger Super Blackhawk 44-Magnum
Desert Eagle .50 Express
Smith & Wesson MP40C
Ruger LCP
Glock 27

The story is entertaining. But if it was real he would be in DEEP Sh*t.

XD 40 SC
Kimber Stainless Target II 10mm

Less trouble to drop him with a knee shot and walk away!

WARNING: Both ABodyBetty & myself are strapped daily and will do our part to make sure there is no jail overpopulation with violent offenders! Word!!

Also have found that a simple "clip" style holster on belt above left pocket is the fastest draw position for me, I'm right handed/older and find it slower and sometimes painful reaching higher for a sholder holster.
(A public announcement tip for our retired packing seniors)

I carry via in the waistband kydex/leather holster.
Had a shoulder harness but quickly realize that only works in the movies.

I might pick up a paddle holster this winter and try it out.

More people need to carry and show support for our second amendment.
Those of you that do, keep up the good work my friends in arms. :thumblef:

-
Back