Concentrix Logo "I work for a multibillion dollar company that doesn’t really care for its employees

-
I was a union carpenter for 21 years in the Boston area . I busted my butt, but I got paid for it . The purpose of going to work is "TO MAKE MONEY" not friends or drinking buddies . I knew going in that I was replaceable and lost a few gigs because I was ill. My regret is :#1, not learning computors , and #2, not learning to weld . Union pipefitters are making $75 per hour with benefits . My point is , learn a skill that can't be outsourced ,or, start your own business part time and slide into full time . Today, most people work 2 jobs and spouse work 1 or 2 jobs . The alternative is to live in the woods in a ship container with no indoor plumbing .

The hierarchy of the large corporations pits management against the hands-on employee, you know the people that actually engage the customer. S**t flows down hill right?

It is? Guess I've been pretty insulated then. Large corporations I've worked for: Advance, CAF, Alstom. The last two are international companies, with locations and contracts around the globe.

I've never had a conflict with management fostered by the company environment. If a conflict existed it had more to do with a conflict of personalities. And trust me, I knew a lot of upper management in two of them.

The point of this post is to highlight the fact that this company really doesn't want to spend any more money than absolute necessary to keep the facility going.

You realize the idea of business is to maximize profit, right?

Tell me, do you keep your overhead low? Turn you thermostat back? Turn lights off in the house when you're not there? Compare prices when you shop?

You're maximizing your profit and minimizing your overhead.

Trust me: being in management, keeping an eye on P&L is one of the main focuses you have. You minimize the L to increase the P.

Company provides lunch!!!!!!!! Where is this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I though I had it good when I was allowed to bring in my coffee in my thermos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I worked at a place that had an open cafeteria.

By the time you waited in line to get your lunch you had exactly enough time to carry your tray to the table before the whistle went off to go back to work.

-
Back