Concept cars

-
Although not a Concept car, the Deora was amazing. One of my all time favorites. And who could forget the concept car that became reality, the Viper.

The concept Chally pic that 73AbodEE posted above is on a poster that's been hanging in my office for years. The car made it out alive, but I'm not sure where it went ??

I was told it was built for the Detroit Auto Show and only had a small fuel cell to get it on & off the platform for the show. He said it didn't have a Hemi & the motor barely ran.....

that is awesome C , wow , i had that very same poster a long time ago !

the Diamante as it was called. there is still a white and orange around

Attachments

• dia1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 542
  • dia2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 822
Cool, anyone notice the Diamante car has 1969 Barracuda turn signals mounted in the grille? :glasses7:

Cool thread.

The first picture is of the Chrysler Turbine Car of 1964 (IIRC). There were 57 of these cars built by Ghia (later absorbed by Ford) of Italy. 50 of the cars were put in a program where Average Joes and Janes were given the cars to use as everyday transportation. The Joes and Janes recorded their impressions of their experiences with the car. They surrendered their logs and cars, the latter would be put in someone else's hands.

The deal with the cars is that they were brought into the country without any import taxes paid. The laws then gave you two years to pay up or ship out (or crush up).

IMO, this car was not a concept car as much as it was a feasibility study. Could regular people satisfactorily operate a gas turbine powered car? Would a gas turbine engine work well in an uncontrolled environment?

There were no engine failures during the time the program ran. The engine ran on anything that would flow through a pipe and burn.

that is awesome C , wow , i had that very same poster a long time ago !

the Diamante as it was called. there is still a white and orange around

there is only one of them around. the white one is the orange one. Steve Juliano the owner of it decided to put the car back to original a while back and that was white. personally i think it looked a lot better in that orange color..

Steve Juliano has a crazy collection of chrysler concept cars and road show cars. looks like his site is down right now..

couple from his collection

STEVEscan.jpg

spaceout.gif

3334980795_af4eb59371.jpg

3384361078_243f2a2a02.jpg

3383574591_08a954aa1a_z.jpg

there is only one of them around. the white one is the orange one. Steve Juliano the owner of it decided to put the car back to original a while back and that was white. personally i think it looked a lot better in that orange color..

Steve Juliano has a crazy collection of chrysler concept cars and road show cars. looks like his site is down right now..

thanks for the clarification Joe, i wasnt aware they were the same car

Or the Charger III

the charger III even made it to the dragstrip AKA "the flying dutchman"

Attachments

• zxz97.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 440
  • zxz96.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 449
  • zxz284.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 450
  • zxz904.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 455
  • az16.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 483
  • ad61.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 495
not a concept , but still very cool.

Attachments

• bb79.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 581
  • bb80.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 644
  • bb78.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 523
  • bb77.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 486
In my opinion Dodge dropped the ball on this one.

View attachment Dodge T-Rex.jpg

About the same time Ford came out with the re-designed Super Duties. GVW ratings through the roof at the time would have blown a hole in Ford's SD sales with a potential for everything that they're now targeting with the 4500's and 5500's.

deora

Attachments

• deora2vi-vi.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,593
  • deora_dooropen2vi-vi.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 934
  • deora.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 612
In my opinion Dodge dropped the ball on this one.

View attachment 1714568345

About the same time Ford came out with the re-designed Super Duties. GVW ratings through the roof at the time would have blown a hole in Ford's SD sales with a potential for everything that they're now targeting with the 4500's and 5500's.

I remember this one they had a lot of people begging for it.

a couple more of interest

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 475
  • clone58.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 462
  • zxz130.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 510
i seen a drawing of this posted but the real thing is awesome and they made around 10 or more actually seen one on the road in Seattle awesome car! 850hp and 850 watt stereo sounds good to me lol

Attachments

• chrysler-me412-500-1wtmk.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 433
  • chrysler_ME412_slvr-manu-04_i06-800.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 689
  • Chrysler-ME412-013.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 471
The 1997 Sidewinder Dakota would have been cool to see around. Would have been way better then that Chevy SSR and faster.

Sidewinder_Concept.jpg

Dodge-Sidewinder_Concept_1997_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Dodge-Sidewinder_Concept_1997_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Dodge-Sidewinder_Concept_1997_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

1997_Dodge_Dakota_Sidewinder_Concept_Truck.jpg

good call , i forgot about the sidewinder

the prowler was actually one that made it into production

I remember this one they had a lot of people begging for it.

If I remember rightly one of the excuse's for not putting the T-Rex into production, even though it was a hit with the show crowd and the public was screaming for it was that no one was willing to pay $50-$60K for a pick-up. lol

-
Back