condensor distance to radiator?

-

my68barracuda

Reaction score
adding AC,, when installing the condensor,, what should the distance be between the condensor and radiator,,

I an thinking maybe a 1/4 inch, not touching,, sound right?

thanks

Operationally, makes no difference, but you don't want it close enough to vibrate and rub on each other.

They don't somehow magically "remove heat." The condenser gives up heat into the airflow, which immediately enters the car radiator!!!!

If they were too far apart, I'd be concerned that enough air is bypassing the condenser to raise head pressure on the A/C

I would recommend, between a 1/2 inch and one inch. Then seal the condenser to the radiator and/or support, so all air must go through the condenser, and radiator. Do not let any air bypass either.

They don't somehow magically "remove heat." The condenser gives up heat into the airflow, which immediately enters the car radiator!!!!

If they were too far apart, I'd be concerned that enough air is bypassing the condenser to raise head pressure on the A/C

Lol, I couldn't remember the spelling for the word DISSIPATE when I posted so I used a common word that anyone should be able to understand.

"Most I recall have been about an inch. Logically since they both are designed to" DISSIPATE "heat that is where I would probably want mine."

Now I googled the spelling and have the correct terminology for you.

-
Back