confused about this sure-grip

-
.............OK, just 2 clarify, yes ma mopar made clutch style suregrips from 1957-1964 that did infact act as an open rear as wheels rotated in opposite directions..........only when u loaded it up did the ramps come into effect and lock up both wheels............I have personally had about 10 of these thr u out the years...........and yes I have taken each and every1 apart 4 inspection, and have rebuilt some.....all the discs r flat in the old 1s........newer 1965-69 have a couple beveled discs 2 preload the system........kim...........

ok cool...

so oldkimmer this should act like any ordinary sure grip is what your saying just when both wheels are under a load correct? and when not it acts as a sure grip unit?

and the 1957-1964 and 1965-1969 clutch stye sure grips are all rebuildable correct?

ok cool...

so oldkimmer this should act like any ordinary sure grip is what your saying just when both wheels are under a load correct? and when not it acts as a sure grip unit?

and the 1957-1964 and 1965-1969 clutch stye sure grips are all rebuildable correct?
What you have there is a clutch type rebuildable Dana Power Loc. (Posi) Made from '57-'64. The '65-'69 Sure-Grip units are not generally rebuildable. If the unit pictured is in good shape it's well worth $500.

yup bought it tonight, it looks to be in good shape, payed 475 :), more part down and many to go lol

What you have there is a clutch type rebuildable Dana Power Loc. (Posi) Made from '57-'64. The '65-'69 Sure-Grip units are not generally rebuildable. If the unit pictured is in good shape it's well worth $500.

Sorry Demon but your mixed up on the yrs. power Loc's were available. They were scheduled for use through 68 and left over 68 parts were used in early 69. It wasn't until 69 when the cone type unit came out that the S/G unit wasn't rebuildable.

ok so i just got to thinking, shouldn't my shock mount plates be same from my 7 1/4 going to my 8 3/4?

No your shock mount plates will be different. Unless I am mistaken, your 7 1/4 has 2.5 inch axle tubes, your 8 3/4 has 3 inch tubes. Therefore, holes for U bolts will be different spacing on your chaock mount plate. You need new U bolts too.

Hi
Sorry to push in on your thread.

I have a power loc centre I think.

It has part number 6 09 66C 22685X

Is this one rebuildable?

Where can I get, and which parts do I need to rebuild it?

There aren't to many of these diffs over here in Australia.

I can only manage an 11.9 with an open centre diff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARv0ZKTmNT4

Cheers

Dave

powerloc.jpg

-
Back