Confusing E-bay listing??

-
It looks like something that I would want to see in person. There is some screwy things... If the engine only has 50 miles on it, I wonder why they didn't go ahead and invest in A $6 can of spray paint... Fuel cell looks to be Jerry rigged. Seat covers always are hiding a mess.

That said, they are only asking $3100 and you could get it for less I'm sure. I have seen people pay a lot more for a lot less...

What's off is, it is a piece of junk. If there is only 50 miles on that engine, then they put it together with very dirty parts.

Jack

thats a pieced together car ...those are 75/6 seats ....thats called the Boca Raton seat pattern and usually came in siver dusters in 75 and 76.

and other parts of the car looked mixed and matched

The green heater hose it most likely silicone heater hose. I have seen them in blue, purple, pink, yellow, white, red and other colors too.

From Gates.

Detailed Description

Extra long-lasting hose constructed with silicone rubber. Ideal for extremely high temperature service in radiator, heater & other coolant transfer hose applications. Excellent for extreme ambient & radiant temperature conditions.
  • Resists weathering, ozone, heat & coolant deterioration.
  • Silicone tube & cover resist prolonged exposure to under-hood & coolant heat.
  • Use thermoplastic clamps or silicone hose clamps.
  • Exceeds SAE 20R1 (Class A standard Wall).
  • Temperature range: -70 Degrees Fahrenheit to +350 Degrees Fahrenheit (-56 Degrees Celsius to +177 Degrees Celsius).
NOTE: Silicone's water permeation rate is 10 to 15 times greater than Straight 2-Ply Coolant Hose.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqYOKo0E6fEy4,lqBOvY4U1isQ~~60_1.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 347
  • md7rXwszh79BOnomdl8GEYw.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 351
The interior should include a large stock of barf bags. I get sick just looking at it. notice there's no clamp on the fuel line too.

Yet they managed a pair of the hard to find DC valve covers, in what appears to be excellent shape!

The green heater hose it most likely silicone heater hose. I have seen them in blue, purple, pink, yellow, white, red and other colors too.

From Gates.

Detailed Description

Extra long-lasting hose constructed with silicone rubber. Ideal for extremely high temperature service in radiator, heater & other coolant transfer hose applications. Excellent for extreme ambient & radiant temperature conditions.
  • Resists weathering, ozone, heat & coolant deterioration.
  • Silicone tube & cover resist prolonged exposure to under-hood & coolant heat.
  • Use thermoplastic clamps or silicone hose clamps.
  • Exceeds SAE 20R1 (Class A standard Wall).
  • Temperature range: -70 Degrees Fahrenheit to +350 Degrees Fahrenheit (-56 Degrees Celsius to +177 Degrees Celsius).
NOTE: Silicone's water permeation rate is 10 to 15 times greater than Straight 2-Ply Coolant Hose.

I agree that it could be silicone hose, but looking at the quality of work on the rest of the car, I'm betting that it's garden hose.

Plus the random shutoff handles in the trunk look very home depot.

more questions than answers on that listing

why even mention original paint and interior with diff color hood and door panel missing?

why did they change the hood?

is that kitty litter around the fuel cell?

I guess they could have been going for the 'rat rod' look. Not painting engine, etc,

could be a good project though. But price is above 3500 and reserve not met,,,Kinda all bettin on the motor being as claimed.

and even more questions, its a 318 car, which means in 73 , it came with disc brakes, which are a 5 on 4 1/2 pattern, which it definitely is.... so, unless the 8 3/4 is out of a b body or the rear axles have been changed or redrilled , it has a 5 x 4 pattern on the back, OR its actually an 8 1/4

either the heater core is bad or they were just too lazy to hook up the heater hoses. I love the wires hanging from under the dash, nice touch..

I agree that it could be silicone hose, but looking at the quality of work on the rest of the car, I'm betting that it's garden hose.

Plus the random shutoff handles in the trunk look very home depot.

I thought the same thing but the green heater hose with the protective sleeve on it that is on the passenger inner fender makes me wonder.

I'm especially in love with the fuel cell (or whatever that is) installation

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 290
if it is a 340 and 8 3/4 in the car its worth the money.

Their seems to be a lot of oil residue by the head gasket for a engine with 50 miles on it.

Their is no doubt this car has potential, it just doesn't seem to be what this guy is claiming it to be.

Original paint? Really? Does he mean the hood? Or the rest of the car? Why does the trunk look like it was washed out with acid?

This one seems like one of those "buy-it, show-up-and-get-outraged" deals. The funny thing is, the heater core is obviously not connected. Where does that green hose even go?!?

Less than 50 miles on the motor, trans, and converter. Guaranteed!

car-salesman.jpg

patch em and flip em :toothy9:

duct tape and stop smoke additive go a long way LOL

Attachments

• 500x_shady_salesman1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 227
-
Back