Console question

-

kyles73dart

Reaction score
Is there a difference in the transmission hump between a console car and a non console car? And which color of factory green would best match my interior? I'm getting the paint from Year One and they list like 4 different greens. The options are Dark Green, Dark metallic green, light green (doubt), and metallic green (doubt). Also i'm looking for the Shift plate seal. Thanks for all the help :cheese:

Attachments

• 20130818_181926.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 152
Just the welded on.....brackets to mount the console, and the knock-out for the linkage to come through the floor. Somewhere on here I think some of the guys have templates of where to put the brackets

On automatic cars the hump is the same with console and shifter brackets welded on. If you are changing an automatic over to a four speed then the hump is different.

I'm keeping the car automatic. I just wasn't sure because on the drivers side there was a big gap towards the front between console and the hump

The carpet that attaches to the bottom of the console will cover
the gap.

Attachments

• ConsoleCarpet (Medium).jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 106
I just swapped my column shift out for a floor shift a couple of weekends ago. If you decide to do it, contact FABO member Redfish for the template for the console mounting brackets. It's a must. The point to drill your hole in the floor is sort of obvious; there will be a flat spot on the side of the hump when you remove the carpet. It is a little bit of a guess. Make sure you get the exact, correct linkage parts too.

-
Back