console wireing

-

dceratti

Reaction score
where does the console wireing plug into the harness ive looked all around the left kick pannel and cant find anything

It doesn't plug in there. There is one harness that goes under the dash lower lip from the steering column area to the right kickpanel area, and then plugs into another harness that runs from there, under the carpet, to the console area.

It doesn't plug in there. There is one harness that goes under the dash lower lip from the steering column area to the right kickpanel area, and then plugs into another harness that runs from there, under the carpet, to the console area.
that plugs into the main wireing harness

i had it hooked up and i put a new harness in and now i cant find it and i cant find where it was plugged into the old harness

These are not that clear as they were done 17 years ago with a low res camera
dash-console-extension.jpg

dash-overall.jpg

The first picture is the harness that is in the console, the second picture is of the dash harness. What is not clear is that there is a second console harness attached to the main harness. What I don't recall is how that is attached. I believe where it is labeled shift light tap plugs into a bullet Y elsewhere on the harness.

Alan

I had issues with trying to integrate my new harness that came w/o the console wiring. Had to totally improvise. I called Laysons (where I bought it) and they walked me thru it.
Maybe you can contact whoever made up the harness?

These are not that clear as they were done 17 years ago with a low res camera
View attachment 1715439594
View attachment 1715439595

The first picture is the harness that is in the console, the second picture is of the dash harness. What is not clear is that there is a second console harness attached to the main harness. What I don't recall is how that is attached. I believe where it is labeled shift light tap plugs into a bullet Y elsewhere on the harness.

Alan
This is an original 67 Barracuda automatic

Alan

I had issues with trying to integrate my new harness that came w/o the console wiring. Had to totally improvise. I called Laysons (where I bought it) and they walked me thru it.
Maybe you can contact whoever made up the harness?
its an original harness

69 dart gt w/auto
OK...1st console harness plugs in in place of column-mounted reverse switch, then picks up lighting from radio plug under dash and continues to right kickpanel and grounds there, then connects to second harness that runs under carpet to console area to shift light and console reverse switch.

69 model doesn't have a reverse lamp switch under steering column or in console. This later model has dual function reverse lamp and neutral safety on the trans. So the console needs only tap to lighting, orange wire, and cig lighter power if there is a lighter well in the console.

69 model doesn't have a reverse lamp switch under steering column or in console. This later model has dual function reverse lamp and neutral safety on the trans. So the console needs only tap to lighting, orange wire, and cig lighter power if there is a lighter well in the console.
Alrighty....mine's a '67 and thats what I was describing...I stand corrected.

-
Back