CONTEST : Guess the HP and WIN!

-
For the chassis Dyno to be very accurate you should tell him that you want the run to be as long as you think it's going to take to runner down the track. Most of the chassis Dyno dudes do a 6 second run which will inflate numbers.
That's what the dudes at banks turbo sez
Hopefully the tune up is real close too

Yeah I guess it is. How heavy is that s/s you have?
With a half tank of fuel and me in it.
IMG_1124.jpeg

Do you mean someone is actually Working on the Friday after Thanksgiving? Amazing!
lol, yeah a friend owns the shop and we’ve been talking about doing this for a while. This Friday just happened to work out best for both of us.

If the car had a 4 speed I would guess higher. I'm wagering on the converter vs chassis dyno thing pulling the number down beyon the 18-20%. More like 25%. I figure 600fwhp x .75 = 450. You should have good air on Friday. Do you have street tires for the dyno?

If the car had a 4 speed I would guess higher. I'm wagering on the converter vs chassis dyno thing pulling the number down beyon the 18-20%. More like 25%. I figure 600fwhp x .75 = 450. You should have good air on Friday. Do you have street tires for the dyno?
Unfortunately I have slicks for the track and drag radials for the street which are brand new. I know I shouldn’t but I’m good with making a few pulls on the dyno with drag radials. Probably the only time they will get used since I don’t plan on street driving the car…. lol

In that case strap it down tight and run a little more psi. You dont want that tire wadding up or spinning on the rollers. Or hit highway schwabbery and get some cheap tires mounted up. 200 worth of radials vs. destroying a $600 set of stickies..idk.

Shouldn’t matter much what tires the car has on it. Make sure operator has it strapped down tight, and you have lots of air in the tires

Shouldn’t matter much what tires the car has on it. Make sure operator has it strapped down tight, and you have lots of air in the tires
Yup, we’ve run a few of my boosted cars on it before. He’s as good operator with tons of experience.

-
Back