CONTEST : Guess the HP and WIN!

-
I think I need to step up and just get some crazy ported Victor heads with a matched Super Victor intake and a Dominator.... lol
Nah, then you'll be way faster than me lol.
Oh **** I said typed that

I think I need to step up and just get some crazy ported Victor heads with a matched Super Victor intake and a Dominator.... lol
Uh Bill, there's these things called tunnel rams.
I hear they work okay.

And we have a winner! @jimjimjimmy got it on the money with his guess of 429!

Not quite what I was hoping for but it’s a good baseline to work off of and it will only get better.

Jim, message me your t-shirt size and address and I’ll get your prize shipped ASAP!

i was at 439.... if you would have tuned it there I would have won !!!!
:lol:

I know this length of time without a reply from Bill, he's ordering new **** already

I know this length of time without a reply from Bill, he's ordering new **** already
haha, trying to decide who to go with between Indy and Victor....both seem good but my wife said I could only pick one.

Honestly, I don't think I will do anything until after I get the car to the track. See what it will do and then go from there.

Last edited:
haha, trying to decide who to go with between Indy and Victor....both seem like cool dudes but my wife said I could only pick one.

Honestly, I don't think I will do anything until after I get the car to the track. See what it will do and then go from there.
Either is good, look for future potential !
My wife doesn't know, lol.
Or she believes me when I say stuff is less than a hundred dollars

I had IMM freshen some pro-ported 286 max heads I have.
I should have had Brian flow em and cc em. Oops. Oh well! Would have been an interesting comparison to tf 270s and sm cnc victors.
That would be a cool comparison.

Now to decide if I play with what I got or build a big block. :p
With the screen name "boosted" I am wondering if this is a serious question?:), you already said you have nitrous!. Mid-low ten second bracket car and hit the juice on grudge night.

I’ve seen guys claim 530-560 hp from trick flow heads on 408 cubes, either out of the box or ported. If you factor 20% drivetrain loss this package is right about where it should be imo, right about 535hp. I don’t think the camshaft is the limiting factor here. I think you’re running out of cylinder head. And it shouldn’t be shocking at all that a nice radius entry at the top of the carb is better than a sharp shear edge. The filter just ends up not being that much restriction.
So far this is what we have experienced with the two trickflow headed 408s that went across the dyno. One made 527hp/525tq and mine went 550hp/550tq, for referrence a a third 408 had cnc speedmasters and made right at 500hp. All three of these engines started out at or below 500hp with two having custom carbs and they all picked up quite a bit with a timing curve/carb work. None of them were full tilt builds with compression ratios from 9.8, 11.1 and 10.4 and solid flat tappets between high 240s to high 250s with mid to high .500s on lift.

So far this is what we have experienced with the two trickflow headed 408s that went across the dyno. One made 527hp/525tq and mine went 550hp/550tq, for referrence a a third 408 had cnc speedmasters and made right at 500hp. All three of these engines started out at or below 500hp with two having custom carbs and they all picked up quite a bit with a timing curve/carb work. None of them were full tilt builds with compression ratios from 9.8, 11.1 and 10.4 and solid flat tappets between high 240s to high 250s with mid to high .500s on lift.
I am half tempted to pull the engine out and throw it on a dyno to see what kind of numbers it would make at the crank. I typically don't really care much about dyno results but I keep hearing about others making more with less and so it has me thinking....

I bracket race so getting the car to be as consistent as possible is more important than anything else so I will wait for the tracks to open up and see if I am happy with the combo. If not, we will see what is next but throwing a 100-150 shot at it is always an option. lol

I am half tempted to pull the engine out and throw it on a dyno to see what kind of numbers it would make at the crank. I typically don't really care much about dyno results but I keep hearing about others making more with less and so it has me thinking....

I bracket race so getting the car to be as consistent as possible is more important than anything else so I will wait for the tracks to open up and see if I am happy with the combo. If not, we will see what is next but throwing a 100-150 shot at it is always an option. lol
I agree, get it down the track and see what it does before making any more changes, I am guilty of that a lot.

haha, trying to decide who to go with between Indy and Victor....both seem good but my wife said I could only pick one.

Just a reminder. A couple of us are leaning on these stock block 360’s pretty hard running 5.80’s-6.0’s. There’s a line in the sand that we are pushing pretty hard. There is a breaking point. Most of us in that area are bracket racers out racing not test n tuners making a few hit when the weather gets nice. With Indy heads and especially Victor heads I guarantee you the breaking point could be hit. Notice I said could. I know I’m giving up a .020-.030 by not running a 10 inch radial tire, and a toilet system, and racing at one of the “super tracks” so the question is how hard do you want to push it.

And we have a winner! @jimjimjimmy got it on the money with his guess of 429!

Not quite what I was hoping for but it’s a good baseline to work off of and it will only get better.

Jim, message me your t-shirt size and address and I’ll get your prize shipped ASAP!

Thanks , It was more good luck than good management

hello. you will easily be running over 600hp
taking in the percentage loss to the ground
552hp respectively
all the best. very nice set up

Just a reminder. A couple of us are leaning on these stock block 360’s pretty hard running 5.80’s-6.0’s. There’s a line in the sand that we are pushing pretty hard. There is a breaking point. Most of us in that area are bracket racers out racing not test n tuners making a few hit when the weather gets nice. With Indy heads and especially Victor heads I guarantee you the breaking point could be hit. Notice I said could. I know I’m giving up a .020-.030 by not running a 10 inch radial tire, and a toilet system, and racing at one of the “super tracks” so the question is how hard do you want to push it.
Yeah, I'm not going to put the Victor heads I ordered (a while back and still on back order) on my stock block. I'll save them for a 48 degree (lifter bore) race block if I can ever get my hands on one. lol

The current engine will be fine for now and I will do some testing with the Victor 340 intake and possibly a different cam in the spring. Plan is to build a monster to go in the car when I back half it next winter. I haven't decided if the monster will be small block (preferred) or big block.

-
Back