Convertible door glass question

-

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
We took on some convertible door issues in a past thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=124000

BUT- does anybody have some info on interchanging door glass between 67/68/69?

VDART had this info from the thread above:
door glass convert
69 dart #3411 69 bcuda same
67-68 dart #3210 67-68 bcuda same
hardtop

67-68 dart #3209
69 dart #3412(also fits70-72 dart 71&72 valiant) no demons/dusters
# given is the hollander number assigned to that part.

Does anyone know if glass is the "same" with the only difference being extra hole in glass for 69 plastic window guide?

Im under the assumption that the door glass is the same except 69 has a hole in the bottom rear corner for the plastic guide pin that 67 and 68 didnt use. Imagine
the 1/4 glass is the same.

Any input would be appreciated. Doug

Attachments

• DART vert window.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 390
The way Hollander interchange works is if there is a one way interchange they use their part number followed by an A, B, C etc. The book will show A won't fit B but B will fit A. Based off that information I will say no, it is not the same.

The 1967 through the 1969 convertible quarter glass is all the same besides the tint or no tint.

glass is the same--except for the hole in question.----this hole is from a change in the glass stop from 67-68 cars. my car has both a correct 69 glass & a prior year style --fitment is good on both...

as for 1/4 glass not sure if any differences exist. Lawrence

Not sure what the question is.... are you trying to find out if 67 vert 68 vert and 69 vert glass is all the same?

I have 68 convertible glass on drivers side and my original 67 convertible glass on passenger side

don't know about 69

Not sure what the question is.... are you trying to find out if 67 vert 68 vert and 69 vert glass is all the same?

In a way (for everyones benefit) I guess, yes... but more specifically: Will 1967 Dart vert glass work on a 1969...?

the glass will work no problem-- hollander shows 67-68 as the same, my car has a 69 piece & a prior year piece installed now-- cannot tell which is which installed. I believe the difference(the hole) on the rear glass guide mopar incorporated an upper bracket as the upper stop-- drill a hole in the glass put in a plastic knob & no more "L" brackets mounted in the door-- saves time & money-- big savings on a simple swap.

you are over thinking-- the main thing is make sure it is convert glass-- the back side is shorter than hardtop glass.
I'll add a picture of the rear guide from a 1969 dart-- anyone have a 68 or 67? Lawrence

ok -- here is the picture of a 69 rear glass guide-- the upper end has an 'L" shaped bracket welded to it(the end closest to the mouse). I think ma moper either modified the 67-68 versions or adjusted the glass to eliminate the brackets used in side the doors for the up stops.
anyone with a pre 69 guide picture?
Lawrence

Attachments

• summer2011 018 (Large).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 380
-
Back