Convertible top parts info.

-

Shane

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I had a shop that does convertible tops come and look at my car, they said they can get the top and the rubber moldings no problem.

What they said I need is the metal retaining clip(bar) that attaches to the roof frame, that the molding then attaches too.

I am missing this peice along the whole front of the top frame, and at the rear left and right.

They said there are there for the middle and front on the left and right.

Does anyone have any idea where to get these? or perhaps have some?

Thanks!

Shane

Hey shane, what year and kind of car?? Not quite sure what pieces you are talking about, but I just sent my 68 cuda ragtop to nigel at National Moparts, up here in canada. I didnt need anything off of it, and it was tooooo far gone for my skills. But I know the whole pervertible parts were complete on it. Nigels # is yer interested is 705 426 2993, a wealth of knowledge and a good guy. Scott will probably answer the phone. Good luck

sounds like a wild goose chase to me. There is a stainless channel ( pieces ) along both sides that the window seal go into. Nothing similar across the front or rear though. Only a flat rubber strap for a seal across the front that meets the windshield frame.

The brow across the front, is what they attache the top to (glue, and a couple screws IIRC), and the tack strip at the crown in the back, is the other attaching point, where they actually use metal fasteners. (tacks, staples)

Lastly, the the rear of the top is screwed into (sheet metal screws) to the drip rail area in the back. It looks kind of like a rain gutter, do you have that?

It looks like you have donor parts located in this thread already, thanks to 4spdragtop.

I'm not exactly sure what I have, but from what redfish and HemiEd are saying, and what they told me I have and am missing, it sounds like everything is there.

I will take pictures and post them tomorrow then you guys with the knowledge will let me know if I am missing anything..

Thanks again.

Not really sure what your question is

here are some pictures of mine without the top

View attachment frame.jpg

frame before painting

View attachment top.jpg

View attachment top2.jpg

View attachment topshop1.jpg

View attachment topshop2.jpg

View attachment topshop3.jpg

View attachment topwires.jpg
Make sure tack bow is smooth on ends and if your car had these make sure to put back on. I ended up with hole in sail panel after 6 months due to rubbing, my car had one on it and the other had broke off since the wire was still under the screw.

View attachment smallaward.jpg

End results 2007 Carlisle 1st place

-
Back