Converting a 63 Valiant front to a 65 Barracuda?

-

Rockerdude

Rock n' Roll and A-bodies
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could keep the same front fenders on my 63 valiant when converting to a barracuda front end. I know I will need a different vallence, hood, grille and bumper.

Anything is possible, the early a bodies are basically the same cars! i would imagine the parts would intermingle quite well for the most part, even with a little adjustment here and there! Good luck and it sounds like a interesting look to me!

Gregg 65 formula s "mopar or no car"

As I understand it, complete front clips will interchange with no problem; for example the early Dodge wagons used Valiant wagon bodies but with a Dart front clip. I suspect you'd need to use 64/65 Valiant/Barracuda fenders in addition to the rest of the stuff you mention.

The contour wont match but as Dartman says the whole front clip will change and match the body lines.

What contours wont match?

You can use the '63 fenders with '65 Barracuda hood, grill, valance and so on. They will match up in every way. But you will of course have the deeper V-shape in the fenders that was not so prominent on the Barracudas and '65 Valiants.

Enclosed is a picture of a '64 Signet with Barracuda grill that has the front end look you will get ('63 and '64 fenders are the same)

Attachments

• 64Sig.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 249
I actually like the deeper V on the front fenders, plus I want to keep my factory V200 trim down the side. Thank you!

You will need more than just a grille to do the swap. The hoods are different at the front including the fact that the 63 has the hood latch at the core support and the Barracuda it is on the hood.

You will need more than just a grille to do the swap. The hoods are different at the front including the fact that the 63 has the hood latch at the core support and the Barracuda it is on the hood.

This I know, I was just seeing if anyone has used fenders from a 63 Valiant. I know the rest of the front needs to go.

Interesting thread this, and at about the same time that the '63 with the Barracuda front is listed on Ebay.

IMO that is a wonderful styling change - I reckon it looks very smart. Shame that Plymouth didn't do it? LOL
Gary

Has anybody got a set for head light surrounds? I call them head light bezels some call them head light doors. I bought a 64 barracuda and the car didn't come with any. Just looking for driver quality for my buget build thanks all Steve in georgia

Has anybody got a set for head light surrounds? I call them head light bezels some call them head light doors. I bought a 64 barracuda and the car didn't come with any. Just looking for driver quality for my buget build thanks all Steve in georgia

Good luck smashed ones are bringing 20 dollars each.

-
Back