Cool 66 Dart

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I saw the article in Mopar Muscle but I got this shot today as a reminder. It has a Gen.3 Hemi and the guy built it for his wife. Lucky gal!

Attachments

• 12479_10152267425362792_1788113119_n.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 249
My 66 Dart trunk is also misaligned. No such thing as a 3mm tolerance back then. Most of the cars if you did the ball bearing down the panel gaps like in the old commercial, you'd lose the bearing within the first two ft of the panel.

Wow what a gem. There are times where I wish mine was a post car. Really like the low stance, thats what Im shooting for!
Rod

To go with my trunk thread its trunk dont line up nether lol
I don't think any of the 65's or 66's line up. all the ones I have looked at are off on the passengers side. I put a split in my quarter panel and welded a wedge in it AND it's still off a bit. closer than before but still off. looks good until I put the darn bezels on and slam the trunk closed. then it's a bit low still. (trunk light)

Panel gaps were crap back then. Takes a lot f welding and filler to fix..

I saw this one too. Looks like he had all the brightwork chromed too. Lots of money thrown at it! beautiful!! I noticed it looks as if the doors have brightwork caps on them i wonder if that was an option. I would imagine those pieces are pretty rare onlyu made for the 170 sedans.

lovley dart,,my panels are cool ,just the dents I worry about

-
Back