Cool blown 75 Duster Jay Leno story......

-
Cool car and a sad story. Weird thing is I thought up a spoiler just like that about a year ago, but you need a direct connection spoiler. The idea came from the bevel in the hood, wanting to do the opposite of it on the rear. Everything about this car is a dream, other than the rims and paint.

For me this story is somewhat depressing,having a chronic disease myself. I guess I know full well that I might not live that long ater finishing my car either,but at least I have a son I can leave the car to. That is the part that makes me sad I guess,he worked so hard to finish the car and must have had no-one to leave it to. Im luckier than him in that aspect. At least Jay Leno has the funds to take care of it!

:thumbup: Great video you posted Howard. I took these pics at last years Fall Fling, but didn't know the story behind the Duster until I saw your post.

Kinda sad, but cool too!!

Attachments

• Fall Fling 2011 012.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 293
  • Fall Fling 2011 013.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 297
What a beautiful build! At least Jay Leno has it now and the previous owner had 35 wonderful years with the car.

Wow, what a great story and what an awesome car. Not only Paul's car, but his legacy lives on in the lives of the young people who train at the college Leno gave the money to in Paul's memory.

Great story but pretty tragic aswell,God bless him!!! You know the car will be looked after pretty good.

Cool!!! That car is bad ***, a BLOWN HEMI, whats not to love about??????? Anybody else notice the Modified Direct Connection rear spoiler on it.

I don’t know who is the more class act.
Leno or Paul.
Thanks for posting.
You made my day.
I’m very pissed off at some shady real estate agents (Is that redundant?)
I came here for a minute to get my mind off of it.
They can get blown.

You know, it looks like that hood could be closed with out the blower.
Ah, to have a “stock” flat hooded 426 A-body.
But I just don’t think the physics allow it.
I’m guessing the front suspension was changed to drop the motor down without violating the sheet metal.
Wonder what it is.
This is so much better than that fax supercharged black Charger in the Fast and Spurious.
And the best part is this car has my steering wheel(s).
I always put that one in my cars.

Oh, and I think this is probably the best car Leno has. If he has a better one, I can't imagine what it would be. (Does he have a wing car?)

-
Back