Cool new lock cylinders

-

blue missile

Reaction score
These just arrived for the doors, I thought you guys would like to see a close up before installation. After that they will virtually disappear.
Andrew

Those are Cool...

don't know if its true or not...but I once heard that you could pick those type locks with a cheap ball point pen...sorry...just sayin'

Aloha Mike

Those are Cool...

don't know if its true or not...but I once heard that you could pick those type locks with a cheap ball point pen...sorry...just sayin'

Aloha Mike

that really doesn't matter in my opinion. if they really want the car they aren't gonna pick the lock anyway. they will break a window or use a slim jim..

that really doesn't matter in my opinion. if they really want the car they aren't gonna pick the lock anyway. they will break a window or use a slim jim..

yea...i guess it really doesn't matter...if someone wants your stuff...they'll do whatever they can to get it...

aloha mike

Gil,
They are out of the UK where they have a problem of people using an offset screwdrivers to break into older cars.
not pricey $45 for the set on Ebay (Solex locks)
And yes I am aware that the use of a universal key called a BRICK, will get you into any car anyway, I just thought these were different and cool, and since I have to re locate the cylinders anyway because of the new handles, why not.
Andrew

Cool-looking locks! And, yeah, locks are to keep honest people honest. If someone wants your stuff, there is not a lock in the world that will stop them all. It's a messed-up world.

For what it's worth they use locks like those on Harley's. A lock's a lock pretty much, should give a nice flush look I would think, neat idea to put them on a car.

OK,
here is the installation procedure to make them flush with the outside of the door. first I made a cutout in a piece of 16ga for the cylinder then I welded it to a large washer with a hole the size of the outside dia of the lock.
Then I welded the washer to the inside of the door at the appropriate location.
I did have to cut a large piece from the inside of the door to make working room. Ill put that back tommorow
Andrew

Andrew not to sound like a *** but is that the door you are gonna use or is this just a test door? The body filler is past the lock itself. I like the idea however .

Valid question, no offense taken.
The door is the real door and there is no filler yet on the car, thats all metal and still needs tweaking before any filler is applied.
The whole purpose was to recess the lock
Andrew

That should look pretty cool when you get it all smoothed out. It's definitely not something you'll probably ever see on another car.

-
Back