Cool stuff, you saw today.....

-

Abodybomber

Breaking street machines , since 1983.....:)
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Drove throughout Templeton & Paso Robles,Ca.today....
Saw a perfect clone of the General Lee, down to the Hurricane wheels, and truck push bar... (Was healthy, 440-ish Magnum style...) , second ..and weird... Watching a cat with a broken leg, climb a fence, with perfect balance.... Sometimes, those small details, mean a lot.... Share yours....

I saw a peregrine falcon chasing off a much bigger red tail hawk... they were both squawkin' at each other hard - that falcon wasn't taking any chitz!!

I saw a peregrine falcon chasing off a much bigger red tail hawk... they were both squawkin' at each other hard - that falcon wasn't taking any chitz!!
I saw a small hawk do a low dive, on a squirrel... Unfortunately, a passing car on Highway 101, actually deffered it, off the hunt, hitting the windshield... It was, pretty awesome, watching the bird, hitting the windshield..and still surviving....

On the way to a reunion last week, something you don't see everyday coming up behind you while driving down the road...........

SuperBird1.jpg

SuperBird2.jpg

Have not left pur compound today...does this count as cool?
20170630_085615.jpg
20170630_085631.jpg

A couple of pork cushions I am smoking to make pulled pork...a test run of sorts for next weekend...

20170630_191015.jpg

The end result....tomorrows dinner...

Spokane County Raceway is having a Memorial for a racer who past away. Going to have a potluck. Don't know but a few of the folks there but that didn't stop me from volunteering to bring something...

Yesterday, I scuba dove on the Antilla. It was a German freighter scuttled in Aruba in 1940 when Holland issued a directive to capture all German ships. The crew scuttled her and after the war, they refused to return to Germany and melted into the islands down here. Very cool dive on a 480 foot long wreck!

IMG_1691.jpg

Also saw a submarine filled with sightseers. This was a big first for me. Waved to all the peeples inside!

Last edited:
Gators... lots of them. They knew it was feeding time and started gathering at the feeding piers. Took the kids to Alligator Adventure.
20170629_125114.jpg

IMG_0907.JPG
The junkyard I was at today is right next to NAS Oceana so I saw (and heard) F/A 18 Hornets & Super Hornets all day.

I saw an old man get in my face today for 'tearing up the street' in front of his business. He asked how long was I going to be F'n with the lines, I told him as long as it takes. He said he was losing business at his store on his street. I said, "Hey pops, that's a sewer project...I'm telephone! I hope your not a doctor......." and I walk away almost laughing. He then threatens to call the police because I don't care. I turn around and get a foot from him and tell him softly, "If not giving a f**k is a crime, I'd already be in jail..." He left with no further dialogue.

Mowing my lawn today, I saw dozens of little frogs, maybe half an inch long, scurrying for safety

I saw an old man get in my face today for 'tearing up the street' in front of his business. He asked how long was I going to be F'n with the lines, I told him as long as it takes. He said he was losing business at his store on his street. I said, "Hey pops, that's a sewer project...I'm telephone! I hope your not a doctor......." and I walk away almost laughing. He then threatens to call the police because I don't care. I turn around and get a foot from him and tell him softly, "If not giving a f**k is a crime, I'd already be in jail..." He left with no further dialogue.
I had to read that several times before I realized "tearing up the street" had nothing to do with mopars

View attachment 1715062389 The junkyard I was at today is right next to NAS Oceana so I saw (and heard) F/A 18 Hornets & Super Hornets all day.

I used to live just off Great Neck Rd. When flying certain patterns, they flew right over my front yard so close the house would shake. I miss the hell out of that!!!!

View attachment 1715062389 The junkyard I was at today is right next to NAS Oceana so I saw (and heard) F/A 18 Hornets & Super Hornets all day.

Nice.

Love to see fighters rippin across the sky. Living in San Diego, it happens a lot. I'm the dude driving down the highway with his head poking out of the window looking for the plane roaring around.

The sound of freedom.

I was stationed 1 mile up the hill from NAS Cubi Pt. Philippines. They ran jet engines up and down on test stands all day and night. Lots of C5's, A6's and P3's. C5 would kick a rooster tail of water off the bay for a quarter mile when taking off.

The sound of freedom.

If you love that, you would have loved living where I lived fifteen years ago.

The local air museum had a B17 they used to give tour rides on to cover costs. I lived right in it's flight pattern when they'd give three daily flight tours of the Finger Lakes.

Nothing like the sound of that flying over.

If you love that, you would have loved living where I lived fifteen years ago.

The local air museum had a B17 they used to give tour rides on to cover costs. I lived right in it's flight pattern when they'd give three daily flight tours of the Finger Lakes.

Nothing like the sound of that flying over.
I live a 1 1/2 miles from the local airport (Livermore CA) and every Memorial Day we get the B-17, B-24, B-25 and a couple of 51's in for the weekend. And you're right, it's quite a sight. Depending on the final they come right over the house at 500 feet.

i lived about a mile from a combined USAF/Dutch Airforce base (home of the 703rd MSS) and every other year they would hold an airshow there
month before the show i could be sitting in my backyard, hear a rumble and see a pair of F16s fly over top of my house at an altitude that made you think they were inspecting the chimney

I live a 1 1/2 miles from the local airport (Livermore CA) and every Memorial Day we get the B-17, B-24, B-25 and a couple of 51's in for the weekend. And you're right, it's quite a sight. Depending on the final they come right over the house at 500 feet.

We'd get the same thing when the museum would have it's annual air show. My house was right in the approach for the local airport.

Watching the entire group of Thunderbirds and Blue Angels flying over in formation and practicing for the show was quite the site.

As well as the F-15's, -14's, and the A-10's coming in.

But the ones that really grabbed me were all the vintage birds coming in.

-
Back