Cool Truck

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Not Mine, on the local CL. Thought it was pretty cool.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/4944630980.html

00X0X_5m5miMDTC4x_600x450.jpg

01717_gBWEzIoTSVM_600x450.jpg

Up for sale is a very cool 1946 Dodge COE Pickup. This will be the most unique project that you could ever own. I have had this truck for a few years, and I just don't have time to work on it anymore. All of the hard work has been completed. Not much for rust at all. All body repairs / modifications have been made. Here are some of the upgrades done to this project:
• Corvette front suspension.
• 4 wheel disc brakes.
• Frame has been boxed, shortened, and fitted for a short box.
• 440 Mopar engine with closed chamber heads, rebuilt.
• 9 inch Ford rear end.
• Rebuilt and beefed up GM 700R4 transmission with adaptor plate.
• New rear fenders 3" wider than stock, new tailgate, new custom made box extension panels.
I also have many new parts that go with the truck:
• New ash bed boards
• Stainless steel bed strips
• New door handles
• Body gaskets
• Tail lights
• Tailgate chains (stainless)
• A lot of polished stainless hardware
• Much more
I am not in a hurry to sell this truck, but I would like to see it go to someone who will finish it and give it the glory it deserves. You could either make it into a rat rod, patina, or paint it nice. My plan was to paint it satin black and keep the gas station painted emblems. These trucks sell for a lot of money unmodified and rusted out. I am asking 15K, which is a lot less than I have in the truck.
Lowball offers will be ignored. If the ad is up, the truck is still for sale. Thanks for looking!

That is very cool. I'd have done lots of things differently, to make it a useable/custom truck though. I believe it's too spindly to use as a real pickup.

-
Back