Coolant Bypss Hose ?

-

73duster47

Reaction score
Getting the last few parts together for my new engine. Magnum heads on a LA 360 block, stroked to 408ci.
It's got the Edlebrock Air Gap intake on it for the Magnum, and I'm having a heck of a time finding a coolant bypass hose that will work with that intake and the LA water pump which looks to be the same as the Magnum.
Anyone have a part number for one of these hoses? The LA hose doesn't work as it kinks bad in a couple of places. Have a feeling I'm going to need to get a flex hose or just a length of hose, but I'd prefer a molded piece.

Had the std one on my car...same setup. Mag Air-Gap and LA style timing cover and water pump. It was kinked a little at the "bend" on the top but never had any trouble with it at all...

Attachments

• 71 Scamp 2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 183
this is one of the situations where u just have to ask to walk into the back of napa behind the counter and have a look....when i had a LA 318 in mine..i still couldn't get the correct part # hose to even fit, now that i have my magnum headed/intake 408 LA base motor (yours a blueprint too maybe?) i just found a parts store random hose that worked and cut it to fit, slight kink but nothing major..it's just a weird angle with the mag intake.

Johnnymac you guessed correctly, it is from Blueprint.
I tried cutting an LA hose to fit but it wasn't the kink at the top that was the problem it was the slight sideways bend on the intake end that would collapse. By the time I had it trimmed to where it wouldn't collapse it was too short that it ovaled like mad on the intake barb and probably wouldn't seal.
I'll go dig around the back of the local parts store and find something

-
Back