Coolant filter

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Do any of you guys run a coolant filter to keep junk out of the radiator? What do you use?

I've heard of some guys using a shot glass to form a screen filter than just sliding that over the inlet to the radiator and sliding the hose over to help keep junk out of their radiator.

I have one on my Fairlane. Don't remember the name of it. Fairlane had water ran it for a long time. This thing catches every thing...

Do a net search for Tefba. "Smart Phone" won't allow me to cut & paste. This thing goes in the upper hose. If it can be positioned right no coolant draining is necessary. Heads up, it ain't "cheap", both in the $$ department or quality

Seems like it would work. But when the engine cools a lot of the stuff in the filter might just migrate back towards the t-stat as the coolant contracts, better than nothing I guess. I was thinking on a first start up of just using screen material around the top hose barb and then slip the hose over just to catch any blobs of silicone or gasket then remove it.

Seems like it would work. But when the engine cools a lot of the stuff in the filter might just migrate back towards the t-stat as the coolant contracts, better than nothing I guess. I was thinking on a first start up of just using screen material around the top hose barb and then slip the hose over just to catch any blobs of silicone or gasket then remove it.

That kind of what I was thinking too.

And there is this Scott Drake unit on Summit

SDK-ACC-GANO-8_xl.jpg

-
Back