Coolant for alum rad?

-

70net440

Reaction score
What are you guys with aluminum radiators using for coolant at the track?

Isn't it just supposed to be straight water at the track?

you need to contact your local track as most only allow water....

test n tune for street cars is something else...so check your local track

Don't mix the red crap if you have been running the green crap with out flushing the cooling system really really good.

Track only, distilled water

Street/strip, 50/50 mix of distilled and whatever I find that's handy, usually the green stuff.

I run straight water and add some BeCool to help prevent corrosion of alumi. parts at the track(legal).I run 50/50 antifreeze for street/strip.:-D

Water and water wetter.

CIMG3301sm.jpg

and those zinc anodes really help to. and don't run that gm based red crap! it grows...

I am assuming "red crap" is Dex-cool and I found many people, including my engine builder say not to use dex-cool especially with aluminum as is gets acidic and will eat at the aluminum. So, since I read this post before doing more homework, I put the red crap in. Now I will flush the red crap out and use water wetter or something else.

I am assuming "red crap" is Dex-cool and I found many people, including my engine builder say not to use dex-cool especially with aluminum as is gets acidic and will eat at the aluminum. So, since I read this post before doing more homework, I put the red crap in. Now I will flush the red crap out and use water wetter or something else.

I have all aluminum motor (LS1) Z28 and Chevrolet says to use dex-cool and nothing else. daily driver the duster is my weekend warrior/strip car..

-
Back