Coolest Car You've Ever Driven.

-

SpeedThrills

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Not neccessarily owned, just driven.
For me, it was a 1935 Ford Cabriolet. It was a friend's father's car. He drove it every day from 1937 til he replaced it with a 1954 Chevy.
It was just kept in the garage, and my friend would pull it out every couple of years and charge the battery, etc. He'd take it around the block a few times and then put it away.
When I was old enough, he let me try it out. (1980ish) Flathead eight, looong floor shifter, MECHANICAL brakes and lever shocks that you changed the oil in instead of replacing. I was about 20 at the time and I remember being awed at the differences in that and new cars at the time. It was very similiar to driving a 60's pickup.
You had to be a real driver in the 30's!

I've driven a few big block darts and dusters, but a 383 dart 4spd was one of the coolest till I did my 410 sb in my valiant...

To me my 67 valiant grandma car with a stroker/4spd is cool.

My mom's cousin collects cars & had a 1973 Pantera. Took me to an old airport & let me drive it. I took it to over 100 mph. After that he didn't even let me drive it back to his house. I had just turned nineteen at the time.

Not driven but used to ride in some pretty neat cars back in the day. Had a friend with a 1970 GTX with a 4 speed & an air grabber that sticks out in my mind. Another friend had a 1970 Torino GT with a 351C 4 barrel & 4 speed that was a fun ride. Knew a guy with an original 1970 Charger R/T 440 6 pack with a 4 speed. Then there was the guy with the 1971 429 Cobra Jet Mustang Mach I.......

Almost forgot. Don't know if you'd consider it "cool" or not. For several years my daily driver was a 1976 Cosworth Vega. # 2878 of 3508 made. You don't see those every day.

Oh I have a couple on that list.

1996 Viper GTS Serpent from TNT Racing Group. First Viper in the 9's
I got to take it around the block a couple times.

1968 Road Runner with a INDY 440 motor that was pushing 700 hp.
Now this car was fun to jam 4 gears on !!!!

-RPM

I would have to say that my daily driver has the overall coolest factor I have driven. Its got no frills a slant six no radio. But its only got 33K documented miles on the clock. Ive only had the car about a year and a half picked it up from an estate sale with just a little over 19K. Gets 22mpg and has not failed me yet. Now on the power side the Viper GTS I got to drive was scarry fast.

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

2009 Viper GTS SRT-10. I drove it at California Speedway in Fontana. Simply put..it puts all cars to shame. Blistering fast and amazing handling. I was shaking the whole time I was driving it.

Not neccessarily owned, just driven.

For me, it's been several that I've owned:
* 1969 340 Swinger - Purchased used in November '69 and started modifying. The last time it was street-driven it had a nasty 340 with a 850 Holley DP, Offy Dual-Port 360 intake, headers, full-manual shift reverse pattern 727, and 4.89 gears. Charger Red with white butt stripe. Stupidly sold it back in the early 90's during cash shortage. My current 'new' '69 Dart is going to look similar when done but will be a little more street friendly.
* 1970 Charger 500 - Triple-black, 383/727 combo. Stock motor but big tires back in the mid-70s. Subtle blue pin striping. Beautiful car. Traded it for a pickup when my ex-wife and I purchased our first home. Wish I still had it.
* 1974 Firebird TransAm with 455. First new car. Buccaneer Red, black interior. Gorgeous car.
* 1983 15th Anniversay Hurst Olds. Still have it but it's up for sale to finance the completion of my current '69 Dart.
* 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000ST - Sat in the garage for over 20 years gathering dust up to a couple of years ago. Now my almost-daily ride and getting cooler the older it gets.

Oh and the first Mopar I ever drove a 1968 Barracuda Fastback with a 440 727 reverse manual 4:11 gear and a 250 shot of gas

fastest-Ferrari
most fun-Sunbeam Alpine
coolest: 63 Valiant of course

Back in 69 i drove a 67 427 vette dropped the clutch at around 4000rpm and go the $hit scared out of me, went 2 blocks before I got my senses back.

'70 Cuda drag car. 440, tube chassis car. Ran in the 9's. I was like 12 yrs old. Took it down the street in front of my friends house. It was his dads car. I think i spent more time hanging out with his dad than him.

My '69 Sport Satellite has been pretty cool in the idea that it's mine and as such I've been able to push the car and myself without having to worry about wrecking someone else's car.

Buuuuttttt.... the 2008 Rousch P51 Mustang has probably been the coolest, even more fun the GT500's I've gotten to play with.

i would say my 1991 GMC Syclone. lightly modified but appeared bone stock. no one and i mean no one expects a quiet six cylinder mini truck to run mid to high twelves on regular street tires. lots of fun toying with people in that truck. wish i had never sold it.

a buddy had a 65 convertible Vette. 780 hp at the crank, 4 speed. got to drive it from new jersey-new hampshire and back a few times. but this was easily topped by a tunnel ram, dual quad 440 Duster. motor was built/tuned by Hamburger Performance. 727/9" 4.56 gears and back halfed. Ran low 9's thru mufflers.....

69 V12 E type Jag roadster, 4 spd very cool car to cruise in but a ***** to work on and sync'n the carbs was a ***** I guess but a truely cool car.

For me, it's been several that I've owned:
* 1969 340 Swinger - Purchased used in November '69 and started modifying. The last time it was street-driven it had a nasty 340 with a 850 Holley DP, Offy Dual-Port 360 intake, headers, full-manual shift reverse pattern 727, and 4.89 gears. Charger Red with white butt stripe. Stupidly sold it back in the early 90's during cash shortage. My current 'new' '69 Dart is going to look similar when done but will be a little more street friendly.
* 1970 Charger 500 - Triple-black, 383/727 combo. Stock motor but big tires back in the mid-70s. Subtle blue pin striping. Beautiful car. Traded it for a pickup when my ex-wife and I purchased our first home. Wish I still had it.
* 1974 Firebird TransAm with 455. First new car. Buccaneer Red, black interior. Gorgeous car.
* 1983 15th Anniversay Hurst Olds. Still have it but it's up for sale to finance the completion of my current '69 Dart.
* 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000ST - Sat in the garage for over 20 years gathering dust up to a couple of years ago. Now my almost-daily ride and getting cooler the older it gets.
which was the ST? got any pictures of it?

In High school I had a 60 chev Apache 10 pick-up with a 327 vette motor m21 and 411 rear. Surprised a lot of Camaros at stop lights. Its the only vehicle I wish I never sold.
My 71 duster 340 4-speed. I learned my lesson with the truck and have had this car for 25 years and will never sell it.

-
Back