copper washers

-

philllyc

First time restoration guy
Reaction score
I am installing 10 new studs in my 8 3/4 rear. The studs came from Mancini racing with copper washers.
maybe yo c:violent1:an help. Do those washers go inside the banjo or outside under the stud's nuts.

Those are your sealing rings. They go under the nut and on the surface of the case. They are "soft" to conform between the case and nut so you have no seepage.

Thanks..I was stuck thinking they had to go on the stud before I pressed the studs in. (Sealing from the inside)

I have never seen copper washers or washers of any kind on the atmospheric side.
I have never needed to remove the studs,so have no idea what may or may not be inside the banjo.
But this one thing I know; I would not use them in either location. I would loc-tite the studs into the banjo, and use a proper gasket. NO RTV or silicon. Its a PITA to remove every time I go to swap pumpkins. I have never had those oem studs leak. Im not saying it cant happen.

I've never seen them on an 8-3/4 but I have seen them on Ford 9" and their a royal PITA to get back off cause they smash down around the threads. I never use them cause of that. Good old RTV does just fine. Just make sure the surfaces are oil free

-
Back