Core support replace or rebuild?

-

fanboatman

Mopar nut
Reaction score
The previous owner decided it was a good idea to try and pull my car by hooking to the lower valance and he tore the core support in the process. I have put about three hours into trying to get it straight enough to get it in position to tack it on and work it back into place, but it is messed up bad and seems to be missing a piece that wraps around the frame. Would it be best to get a core from another car or should I build my own. I would like to build my own as it would just be the section from frame to frame if it is possible. Which way would be best? I know I could build one stronger than the original and not weigh much more, but I would like to see some pics if anyone has done it to get some ideas. By the way I am going to put a 440 in it if that makes a differance. Thanks.

One of the aftermarket companies (maybe XV motorsports? something like that, I don't remember for sure) makes a replacement for E bodies IIRC that is heavier & is supposed to tie the front of the frame rails together to help strengthen the chassis and reduce flex. I would think that a stiffer one on your car would probably be beneficial, especially with a 440.

-
Back