Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 68 dodge optional wheel cover

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • the 69/70 road wheel with trim ring

Votes: 32 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Road wheels. Those full wheel covers are just plain ugly. Steelies and dog dishes are nice.

I was going with dog dishes at first and I had found some that were absolutely perfect. however, when I acquired them I didn't realize 68 had a different cap than 66. Then I also found out the 66 cap is a larger diameter so they wont even fit on my wheels and I think its too much hassle to go round up the 66- to make the caps work, so the caps are now for sale.

Attachments

• CIMG4944.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 232
I voted for the '68 deluxe wheel covers.
If you go with 15'' wheels, what will you use then?

I really wanted to stay with 14s if possible although 15s have crossed my mind because I have wondered if C-body disk brakes would work on this car and if they do, they restrict you to 15s

ideally I would just stay with 14s because I am one of those people who doesn't need wild or really wild tires. lol

usually I would do like 215/75/R14 maybe 225/75/R14

I would prefer a taller tire over a wide one because I don't like cars sitting low, I like the tall tire to lift the car up a bit.

I do like the deluxe, they are what I have on my 69 dart with white walls, I love that classic late 60s sears parking lot look lol

they are original to the dart as part of the "white hat special"

Attachments

• CIMG5025.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 231
Dodge fever ....catch it and don't forget your white cowboy hat :D:D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Y__01sk64"]1968 Dodge Coronet 500 Wagon TV Ad - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VGnWOj66EI"]1969 Dodge Dart Commercial White Hat Special - YouTube[/ame]

Are these the same as the optional covers ? These are supposed to be factory covers for 68 GTS that came with my car.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 229
  • 001.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 237
Are these the same as the optional covers ? These are supposed to be factory covers for 68 GTS that came with my car.

nope, those are not the same but they were optional as well ....those are mag style (code 587). if I had a set of those, I would use them without debate but those are a lot harder to find and worth a lot more than the lightweight and more common deluxe cover.

Gloss black steels with chrome lug nuts

None of them. I would donate all those wheel covers to the Bradys wagon next door.

My choice would be the 15" poverty cap on the next page.

Go with a 15"x 7" stock steelie, white letter out tire, and a set of those poverty caps. Done. :burnout:

Edit:
If those are 15" dog dishes you have, thats what I would work with.
Find a set of 15"x 7" steel wheels.
Or go with black rims chrome lugs, for a mean look.

Attachments

• 11135084605_f44c5142c2_b.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 204
because I don't have the right dog dishes otherwise that would be a great choice :)

....but your wagon has R/T emblems, and bucket seats....why would different hub caps matter? I vote 15 inch steel rims or 15 chrome magnum rims like the other wagon pictures.

....but your wagon has R/T emblems, and bucket seats....why would different hub caps matter? I vote 15 inch steel rims or 15 chrome magnum rims like the other wagon pictures.

I don't have the right wheels with the 10 inch hub for the caps to physically fit and I don't have the chrome magnum wheels either.

its not about being correct, its that I don't have those choices.

If you go with the Charger hubcaps, keep in mind that it could get really expensive. In the movie they went through 9 caps in like three minutes. :D

I don't have the right wheels with the 10 inch hub for the caps to physically fit and I don't have the chrome magnum wheels either.

its not about being correct, its that I don't have those choices.

You got the choice of gloss black with chromienuts.

Jus' Sayin...

Dang, I haven't responded yet. I like the Road wheels but I see someone posted body colored steel wheels and Dog dish caps. Those are cool too! tmm

I say road wheels and red lines -just like a "Hot Wheels" car! And you'll never have to chase after a hubcap if ya hit a bump! BTW-that comment was funny about rust and eastern cars-up in Ohio ,rust is our state mineral! On quiet nights you can hear a Ford rust!

If you go with the Charger hubcaps, keep in mind that it could get really expensive. In the movie they went through 9 caps in like three minutes. :D

Yeah, lol
And they are HEAVY too, my '69 Coronet 4 door had them.
What a PITA to install, but they looked good.......

I had one of those dog dishes your looking for but it went to a guy in germany....i regret selling it now i love the look of them.

I admit I paint all my rims body color, and throw a set of dog caps on them. I do have 4 sbp reverve chrome rims, 14 x bout 6 1/2 if I remember. one pair has good chrome and the other 2 I had sandblasted and painted.one back of 65 cuda and 65 dart. ( found them in bone yard for $20 total if I pull).
I want a pair of fairly narrow 14 in sbp mags ( like torque thrust) for the front of one. just me.. now where did I plant that money $$$ tree!?????? don't remember.

None of them. I would donate all those wheel covers to the Bradys wagon next door.

My choice would be the 15" poverty cap on the next page.

Go with a 15"x 7" stock steelie, white letter out tire, and a set of those poverty caps. Done. :burnout:

Edit:
If those are 15" dog dishes you have, thats what I would work with.
Find a set of 15"x 7" steel wheels.
Or go with black rims chrome lugs, for a mean look.

This is sweet...^^^( green wagon,basic black rims,caps..)

-
Back