"Correct" Spark Plug Wires for Slant 6

-

66RedFish

Reaction score
I ordered a set of spark plug wires from Rock Auto that were listed as being a custom fit for a 225 ci slant six. The lengths do appear to be correct, but the ends that attach to the plugs do not have the collars that extend out and help seal off the ends of the spark plug tubes.

Will this be a problem? If so, can anyone recommend a good quality (but reasonably priced) source for the wires that include the collars? The on-line part suppliers I've checked don't seem to routinely post pictures of the wire sets they offer, so it's hard to tell whether they would have the collars or not.

Thanks.

Steve

Last /6 build I did I went with Accel wires.They too did not have the dust or water shield (whatever you want to call it)and had no problems at all !Driven in the rain and all.When I washed my motor I was always sure to blow out the holes with my compressor just to be sure water didn't sit there for any length of time ! I will probably be doing the same with my current build too !!Let me double check,I may even have the ones I just took off my slant when I pulled the engine apart !!

If I remember right the last set I got from NAPA had the collars on them as I had to take them off for my 76 Valiant. I know that NAPA is a little higher but usually the quality is good.

66RedFish....i got the bottom shelf Duralast wires from autozone and they're just fine without the collars. I guess they would help in extremely wet conditions but since the boot still covers the contact area of the plug, the plug is threaded into the tube, and the tube gasket seals to the head, i think you'll be fine just my .02:)

I ordered a set of spark plug wires from Rock Auto that were listed as being a custom fit for a 225 ci slant six. The lengths do appear to be correct, but the ends that attach to the plugs do not have the collars that extend out and help seal off the ends of the spark plug tubes.

Will this be a problem? If so, can anyone recommend a good quality (but reasonably priced) source for the wires that include the collars? The on-line part suppliers I've checked don't seem to routinely post pictures of the wire sets they offer, so it's hard to tell whether they would have the collars or not.

Thanks.

Steve
.................................................................................................
Here's a set of NOS OEM wires on E-bay right now.....ends today!
slant 6 plug wires

I'm going to be going with aftermarket 8.5 wires,just need to decide which brand to go with (and whether I want Red wires or Yellow) as my engine is going to be painted to match the body color !!

Yeah your like 6 years late to the post. They probably have wires by now!

Thanks.

Steve

Denso 671-6132 Wire Set ,(you purchased this item on November 17, 2017.)
I got from amazon had the correct ends ( boots) and it was like $17.00.

-
Back