Correct Throttle cable and bracket for my 340 swap into a 1964 plymouth valiant

-

Mopar64340

Reaction score
Hello guys.

Thanks for all the help !

So I mocked up my FST 750 double pumper on my edelbrock dual plan intake and it looks like the throttle cable and linkage dont work.

Any suggestions on what would work best for my setup ?

This is my set up below. Need help with what throttle cable and throttle bracket i need for this FST Carb

20240210_150129.jpg

Last edited:
2 Bbl bracket is Offset to the Inside... (pic 1)
4 Bbl Bracket is Offset to the Outside (pic 2)

2b.jpg

4 b.jpg

Yeah, need a pic of what you've got.
Original 273 brackets, as pictured? Won't work, there's no mounting boss on the Performer manifold.
'67 or later 2 bbl. bracket? Locates the cable too close to the center of the motor and too far back.
1708231494084.png

You most likely need a 4 bbl. bracket, like this:
1708231372104.png

If you need something taller, like if you're running carb spacers, AR Engineering makes some nice ones.
Throttle Bracket Kits | AR Engineering

On the subject of throttle linkages, you do realize you will need a carb lever adapter to give the carb the correct arm geometry for a Mopar...?
https://www.manciniracing.com/qufutecathlOe.html

Original 273 brackets, as pictured? Won't work, there's no mounting boss on the Performer manifold.
'67 or later 2 bbl. bracket? Locates the cable too close to the center of the motor and too far back.
View attachment 1716208521
View attachment 1716208518
If you need something taller, like if you're running carb spacers, AR Engineering makes some nice ones.

On the subject of throttle linkages, you do realize you will need a carb lever adapter to give the carb the correct arm geometry for a Mopar...?
The bracket I have as taken off of a 64 dart V8 2 bbl.

I didnt take a picture and im not at the car right now. But I will take one tomorrow.

The picture you posted of the braket you think I need works with FST Carbs ?

I was not aware of this.

I posted a picture. So both those brackets you suggested work for what you see in my picture ?

N

No Carb spacers, Check out the picture I posted

What type of carburetor are you running ?
initially a race demon, then replaced it with a holley 3310

they make that type of bracket for nearly every style of carb

oh, and i don't know if you're running AT or MT, but mine was 4spd so it worked out great for what i needed. AT your on your own for the KD if it's not stock.

initially a race demon, then replaced it with a holley 3310

they make that type of bracket for nearly every style of carb

oh, and i don't know if you're running AT or MT, but mine was 4spd so it worked out great for what i needed. AT your on your own for the KD if it's not stock.
I have a 4 speed

Which bracket system do i nee for this area ?

20240210_150129~3.jpg

-
Back