Correct wheel color question.

-

1968FormulaS340

Reaction score
Correct wheel color question.

Were all wheels painted body color from the factory regardless of wheel cover used. My 68 Formula S has the original spare wheel and redline in the trunk and it is body color. Is it correct for a car running the full wire covers to have (in my case) a ring of yellow wheel showing. I think it should but want to check.

My '68 is red and the rims are black, It has the full dlx. hub caps that the lug nuts stick through. Everything on the car seems original with only apx. 69K miles. I had a '72 Duster I bought from the original owners son years age, it had the full hub caps and those wheels were black also. I think the body color was only used on the dog dish hub caps unless someone in the cars past thought it would look more finished with body color.
Adam
'99 Ram 360
'99 Plymouth Neon
'72 340 without a home
'68 Barracuda 340 "S"
'56 Coronet

If you check you fender tag for the tire and wheel info you can post the code and we can decode the info,if the car was order that way,it could be painted or stock black rims,and order with 4-5 whels and tires.Mrmoaprtech

I have the broadcast sheet for my 69 383-S. It lists the wheel color as B5, same as body color. I seems plausible that black wheels could be ordered as well.

I have a code 88 on my broadcast sheet for wheel covers. Does anyone know what hubcap that corresponds to?

Rod

-
Back