cost effective to have bumper chrome plated?

-

Ken71Twister

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've seen chrome bumpers for sale and I'm wondering if anyone has a ballpark estimate for the cost to have front and rear Duster bumpers re-chromed. I'd also be interested in any recommendations for a good place to have the bumpers replated or any warnings on what not to do.

tx,
Ken

Well Ken, I always use Tri-City Plating in Tennessee, which usually comes to the larger Mopar shows and they do nice work. You can look them up online, and they ship. They also do cores or exchanges and I think they run in the $300-$400 range, depending on the model.

If you are looking for someone more local, check with your local cruise night guys, someone will have had they're bumpers redone around you somewhere and will surely know of a place. Good luck with your search, Geof

Yeah; thats a good estimate.Normally you will have to straighten old bumpers.There are aftermarket bumpers but they are lighter than original. Highline in Cuba Mo does a great job 573 885 7651 or 800 596 5473 your choice.Good Luck

Beware of Bumper Boyz out of California. When it says "Made in China" on the backside, you know what the quality will be on the chrome side. If you have a good core, have it rechromed. You know what you have to start with, that it fits your car and will last. The turnaround time is always the killer. I know guys who bought bumpers from Bumper Boyz and the chrome cracked around the bolt holes as they were bolting them on.

You can always tune a piano but you can't tunafish.

Tri City Plating in Tennessee is reputable. Keep in mind, prices will only go up because of environmental regulations and material costs.

Your estimates sound better than the price that came to me in today's email:

Thank you for contacting Superior Chrome Plating Inc. (www.JustChromeIt.com)
Following is the quote you requested:
Pricing is based on show car quality finish. The final price may vary depending on the amount of cleaning, straighting and repair work necessary to prepare the part(s) for chroming. (Unusual pieces, outside of classic car, classic truck or motorcycle parts, may require a phone call to get a closer estimate.)

BUMPERS $425 TO $475 EACH

-
Back